Icy Quartz?

Quartz like appearance - Another awesome shot of ice crystals on my windows
@webeishere (36353)
This is yet another shot of some great looking ice crystals on my front screen door Tuesday very early morning. This group has a great shape to it. Iy almost looks like a large piece of quartz doesn't it? I did no editing of this at all. The brown area near the bottom is from the flash reflecting off the wood rails on my patio deck I think. Thanks. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@squaretile (3833)
adenium desert rose plant - Photo of the adenium obseum plant. thus named because of its obese swollen trunks and stems. Also known as the desert rose for its hardy nature and bright blooms.
that is a really gorgeous macro shot. yes it does look like a large piece of quartz! And it's amazing how detailed the picture is - you must have a camera with at least 5 megapixels definition. wonder how large it actually is... can't be bigger in total area than a few quarters right? I've rated the shot, congrats!
@webeishere (36353)
It's 6.0 megapixels. The ice crystal was maybe a quarter inch in size was all. I was maybe 6 inches from the window when I took the shot also. Love the flowers by the way. HAHAHAHA!! HA[[Y POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@byfaithonly (10716)
Wow, I love this - you make me want to get out and take pictures. I haven't seen any ice crystals around the house but it's snowing here, again, and I'm thinking some 'snowflake' photos are in order. NO NO NO - must clean house first :)
@webeishere (36353)
Well I am sure the house is clean. Also I am sure you've some snowflake photos? HAHAHAHA!!
@williamjisir (22901)
Hello Grandpa Bob. Yeah, the ice crystal looks like an icy quartz. I guess that you must have enjoyed it very much as to take this photo for us to enjoy. Thanks.
@webeishere (36353)
I love taking photos of ice crystals and snowflakes also. It got a bit cold having my door open for the time I spent taking about 30 photos. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Another neat photo. It does look like a large piece of quartz. Thanks for sharing it with us.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi GRANDPA BOB! I do enjoy looking at the photos..they are really beautiful. I do agree with you that it looks like a large piece of quartz and the brown area near the bottom added character to the crystal. I really like it. Thanks for sharing your talent on photography and showing me another way of looking at nature. Take care and have a nice day! :)