Is it dinner time yet?

By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
I got up early this morning, earlier then I usually do so I pulled out the crock-pot. I open the freezer and look inside for what I can use to make dinner in the crock-pot.. Ahhhh, I find that I have ground chicken. I take that out then open the refrigerator and pull out some things and then open the spice cabinet and do the same thing. I chop and throw everything into the pot. I am now so upset that I am not home to smell the chicken chili as it slow cooks all day while I am at work. What are you having for dinner or what did you have tonight? Have you even thought about it?
@TerryZ (22146)
Good morning raz that certainly sounds delicous. I love cooking in my crockpot. And your right the smell is great. Ive never tried making chicken chili. As a matter of fact Ive never eaten it either. Must try it someday. Tonight Im having fetticini. Ground beef and Alfredo fetticini sauce and noodles. Bake it in the oven and your good to go!Enjoy you dinner tonight.
@razcal2267 (15577)
Can you save the leftovers for me? I love heart attack on a plate, haven't had it in forever though. Sorry that is what we call fettuccine Alfredo. Enjoy!
Dont you feel eating Non Vegetarian food a most ugly and disgusting thing to you.I mean how can you people have excreata of animals for food .Now you might say that you wash it but still its so disgusting and dirty.How do you wash it 100 times with detergent soaps.ahh!! yee!! i cannot imagine this .It used to be in ancient times during the Nomadic ages when people who did not know to cook vegetables and fruits used to have animals --just roast them and eat them .have you people still not evolved????
Terry, your dinner sounds delicious.:) Razcal, even though 'I know' fettucine isn't good for one, it's still yummy, as I think you'll agree.:) My only other comment here, is a resounding :(! Take care.
@carmelanirel (21108)
I have not even thought about it yet, but it will probably be leftovers..
@razcal2267 (15577)
What kind of leftovers?
Refried beans with rice and chips and salsa..Mexican food I guess you would say..:)
@peanutjar (5251)
Hi razcal:) Mmm,that sounds yummy!Was it good??Well for dinner my daughter and i usually eat chicken nuggets,soup,spaghetti or something small.It is just us for dinner.For supper it is us and daddy,so tongith i am cooking pork chops with a mushrooms sauce and baked potatoes with the insides taken out,mashed with cream and put back into the empty shell with some sour cream&chives on top(stuffed potatoe shells)and string beans sauteed in lemon butter glaze.I love my crockpot though,its easy to make things in and you just stick the stuff in and let it do the cooking for you and the smell is awsome when it cooks in a crockpot!! Peanutjar:)
@razcal2267 (15577)
Yes, dinner was very good thank you. Yours does not sound bad at all and thanks now I want potatoes. LOL
@starangel (416)
I had chili last night, too. I did the same as you- I threw everything in the crockpot and let it go. lol. Tonight, it's going to be burritos w/ spanish rice.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I haven't had burritos w/ Spanish rice in a very long time
@rx4life (1935)
YOurs sounds delicious...mine is unknown at this time...it's my birthday today and I am not sure what we are doing for dinner. Could be something elaborate or very simple...matters not to me today...as long as I get to spend it with my sweetie!!! Enjoy!!!
UMMM the same thing you are having LOL i thought i got the invite ohh about 2 minutes ago hahaah. ok im joking i think we will have stuffed peppers YUMM!!!!
@irishmist (3843)
Gotta love crockpots. Othing like coming home and dinner is already. Tonight I was thinking of pulling out a container of frozen lasagna I made a few weeks ago. I'm not really in the cooking mood today.
@Lakota12 (42794)
daughter and I went out and had Steak and shrimp!
@raijin (10380)
I am the one that cooks here, tonight, I just made a version of our stew since the weather is kind of cold and raining too. I miss the aroma of spices that I add on to it, the fish that I prefer to use instead of the usual salt and the the fresh vegetables I add in it after turning off the heat.. =) Right now, I am thinking of what I'd prepare for tomorrow's meals..
@Sissygrl (10999)
I just want to say first off, that i LOVE the crockpot. I use mine fairly often, i stick everything in there. I think it tastes better in there then in the oven a lot of the time! everything cooks slow in it own juices. MM. For my dunner tonight i am having pork chops and poutine. Mm i love poutine. Have you had it before ?
@Stephanie5 (2953)
My honey is making dinner tonight, woo hoo!!! We are having smoked sausage, potatoes and green beans. I can't wait for it to get done because I'm starving! I hope you enjoy your meal. Have a great night.
@bonbon664 (3480)
I'm working all day, and it's 12 hour shifts, so, hubby is home alone for dinner. I'll have an orange or something, or whatever's left in my lunch bag. I hardly ever think about what's for dinner till it's too late to defrost anything, so, like you, I love my crock pot. I hope it turns out well.
@blackbriar (9126)
Dinner is real simple tonight. Pizza delivered. lol I will be making spagetti with homemade sauce, ground venision, and italian sausage for dinner tomorrow nite thou. Thinking garlic bread to go along with it as well, from homemade bread at that.
@chrislotz (8207)
Well, you posted this a week ago so I can't say what I had for dinner that night but I can say what we are having for dinner tonight. I am making a beef stew and guess what, I'm making it in my slow cooker. Now I don't work at the moment so I do get to smell it all day and I think that is worse because it is making me so hungry. It smells so good right now. I better go check on it right now. lol
@someonesmom (5768)
Your chicken chili sounds really delicious. We had pork chops and mushroom rice last night, with peas. Tonight, I think it's going to be soup and sandwich night. The reason I've included two dinners here, is that I 'just' came across this topic, in my 'new myLot digest.' I'm not used to receiving this yet either, but may as well use it some.
@stephcjh (32385)
I've never heard of chicken chili. What all do you put in it? We had some carry out for Burger King today. I had a sald with strips of chicken on it. I would rather cook but we was tired today.
@lilybug (21182)
I made creamy chicken Italiano and served it over some whole wheat spaghetti noodles with a side of French bread. I normally make it in the crock pot, but I didn't get it out early enough today to cook it in there.