Do you know how much energy we could save by not using our clothes dryers?

clothes horse - this is a clothes horse, you could use it inside
@bonbon664 (3480)
I don't know either, but, I can imagine that it's a lot. I'm going to make a concerted effort this year to put more clothes out on the line. If we all did this, I think we could solve global warming. The problem is we want things instantly. So, are you going to hang your clothes out on the line?
@foxyfire33 (10017)
I don't know for sure either but I do know that when I lived in a similar sized home and line dried the majority of our laundry our monthly electric bill was $80 at the most (including an air conditioner). Now nothing gets line dried and the monthly bill is $250 or more (that also does include two extra mini refrigerators, a freezer and a garage refrigerator though)
@foxyfire33 (10017)
Thanks for BR!
• Spain
hope your resolve is still going. as regards how much would u save well heres how to work it out. work out the amount of time you used the machine per week on average then times this with the wattage number( ie 1000w/1kw) that you will find on the back of the machine that is hours x watts/kw then from your bill times this figure by the kwh(kilowatthour) price and that will give you how much you spent a week on drying clothes then try the same for your washing machine and let me know when you have picked yourself of the floor.
I don't know how much energy could be saved off the top of my head, but I do know that it can be quite a bit just by hanging your clothes up to dry several times instead of just tossing them in the dryer. I personally really don't like drying my clothes this way. I kind of feel like I make up for not wanting to dry my clothes that way by doing other energy saving things like using the CFL lightbulbs, turning off lights when not in use, etc.
@luanakent (795)
• Brazil
Global warming is something much greater we imagine.. but the consciousness of the population already is waking. We have to move more...use less cars,less energy..less water.. You are going in the right way.