Your in a relationship and your not happy with each other. (finish this)

You both were talking about going your separate ways. Your spouse met up in an accident. They are now paralyzed from the neck down. You have a child under 3 years old. You also had met someone outside your home. who made you feel loved again.. What is the ending to this if it were your life?
@winterose (39913)
I would love to finish this but actually I don't know what I would do, go ahead with separation would be what I would say as a counsellor because that was what I wanted before the accident occured and I cannot let my spouse hold me to emotional blackmail, but if I feel guilty I am the one that has to live with myself, so it would take much thought, not just a quick answer here
If my son's father and I had still been married then the new guy would have to understand that I have a moral obligation to my husband to take care of him, I am not sure I could continue an affair whilst my husband lay in the hospital paralyzed.I am not sure I could have an affair period.It's not fair, nor would it say anything for my character,and not to mention would be a poor example for my child.
@drrt_801 (116)
You mentioned spouse and a child. I am thinking that they should already be married. I am here in the Philippines, I believe in what God gives noone shall take away. If God binds two people, those 2 people should work it out no matter what. God did not promise not to destroy the world again for nothing. God and His Words are final. If I were in that situation, I will take care of my spouse and my kid. they both need me more than the person who made me feel loved again.
@sedel1027 (17870)
If the problem was the relationship and we had worked at trying to stay together, then I would leave. If I was unhappy before the accident, then I wouldn't allow someone being suddenly handicapped would not change me leaving.