Should one invest in shares and scripts.

With the scenerio of the share market today and the share prices falling, no crumbling, is it wise to invest in shares ? I am not a share person and people mock me for not making a quick buck, but when I see the tension and fear on the faces of my friends, I feel I am better off. I am at times sorely tempted to invest, but then whenever i make up my mind, the prices start falling and falling and I cant help wondering if it is Gods way of telling me dont indulge your hard earned money in this. Or is He making it alittle easire for me. ?????
@ssh123 (31100)
Volatility in equity market is quite high and it is difficult to tell what is low to purchase and what is high to dispose off. Therefore it is better to invest in mutual fund of different types like tax gain etc. so that one can be assured of 20% returns on investment. I lost considerably by investing in shares. Look what is happening in the share market right now
Hi, thanks for your reply. I have invested in some mutual funds but they have not paid me any returns for the past two years. I am talking of UTI which is supposed to be a good MF. Its a wait and watch senerio.
@ssh123 (31100)
Regarding mutual funds, UTI is the oldest which directly and indirectly cheated millions of investors. Forget about UTI and some fly by night service funds. There are lovely funds like Sundaram, HDFC, ICICI, Reliance. Reliance can give you close to 30% p.a. return on investment and sometimes it is even higher. Most of the mutual funds had given 200% to 300% in 2 1/2 years time to the investors. It was a wonderful time from 2002 to 2007. You can now put on Reliance Infrastructure which will be closing on 31st Jan.