Enough Already With Those Referrels??

@pyewacket (44036)
I have to admit I've noticed a few MyLotters that seem to take every opportunity to shove there damn referral links down our throats--on a few on my friends profile pages I see some..usually the SAME person or persons who DON'T add cute comments to profile pages but some money making scheme link.. Now when I just checked my own profile page sure enough someone added not a cute comment but there money making referral link....I deleted it--- HELLO...READ MY WORDS...I DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY MAKING LINKS...I don't want them in PMs to me, I don't want them on my "Comments"...If people want to advertise have it on YOUR page...but don't put it on mine...grrrrrr Okay how many of you are fed up with this crap too?? Also, I suggest you check your profile pages too and see if this same person is doing the same thing on your profile page as well. Enough already!!
@LittleMel (14055)
I think I know which one you mean. She does that a couple of times already I never said anything. I have a moneymaking blog on my profile too, I do offer blog linking, but not leaving comments on profiles like that. There are a lot of ways to get referrals, even free ones.
@pyewacket (44036)
Lo and behold I looked at your profile page and you were hit by that same referral link...gee, she's busy isn't she? LOL
I am. I hate people coming here promoting nothing but some get rich quick scheme that just will end up leaving a lot of people disappointed, which means mroe hassle for me because these people want to spam everyone possible to try and make as much money as possible, which means they just clog my PM's and profile with what I don't want. I delete that stuff all the time. I may not catch it all the time, but I try my hardest because I don't want to be a part of it, I don't want to promote scams. I don't post referral links anymore unless people ask for them because it just makes people wary of the program you want to promote anyway. Besides, if I can't comfortably make money on my own then I probably shouldn't be using that program.
@howard96h (11659)
• New York, New York
You told them - you go pye! I have a link if your interested. Hahaha
@pyewacket (44036)
I see the same person left you a link on your profile page....she seems to be doing this all over the place..
@babykeka80 (2003)
There are several people on here that are extremely pushy with their referral links. If I post anything about another site I put it on the money making interest and only send the information to someone if they ask about it. There are a select few that are completely out of control and ridiculous though.
@pyewacket (44036)
Yes there are some who are very pushy with their referrals, both by PMs to me and on my comments of my profile page
@polachicago (19075)
I couldn't agree with you more. I feel the same. I can take referral PM only from long time, good friends on Mylot. But those people don't send me any PM referral messages, if so they can send me an email (yes, I have about 7 good friends emails from Mylot) Others can relax and step back.....
@pyewacket (44036)
The thing I hate the most is that it seems some people might request me as a "friend" then never even bother to participate in any of my discussions...they just want an "extra" person to promote their "schemes" and that's where I draw the line..no thanks, not interested
@polachicago (19075)
It reminds me my latest party. I was introduced to someone who was trying to sell me something... I looked at him and I said: "give me one good reason, why I would like to buy it from you"... Common sense, I can do something for friends, not for strangers... It is all the same on virtual world, "make me willing to listen to you first"..... HUGS!
@moneyandgc (3430)
I just checked my profile and deleted the referral link you were talking about. Looks like she put that banner everywhere! I hate spam and I never sign up for anything that is sent to me through this method.
@pyewacket (44036)
She's certainly "busy" spamming everyone, isn't she?
@bonbon664 (3470)
As you know, I've ranted about this recently too. This drives me nuts. If their money making schemes are so wonderful and successful, what the hell are they doing here trying to schill for it when they could be on their yachts, or at the country club?
@makingpots (11922)
Way to tell 'em, Pye. Enough already!! I really can't stand to open a PM and it is just some one saying check out this opportunity - signed, Your Friend. Get to know me first and I might just write you and ask for your link to something I am interested in. I have actually done that. But I will never join under someone who writes me unsolicated.
@pyewacket (44036)
I think some people just request friends with me just to post their links either in my PM or comments on my page...and never even bothered to respond to any discussions of mine..some friend..yeesh
@hoghoney (3749)
Hello Pye, long time no see. I feel the same way. I hate to get comments about money making stuff on my comments also I believe that is what our profile is for. I have never left a referrel link for anyone. And dang I would think that everyone here belongs to the same sites anyway. Someone sent me a link for a site one time and I sent a comment back to them to stop that I was already amember there and I would be dang if they didnt leave it the next day again. My thing is I didnt make any money on that site and I am sure they are not making any money.rofl. have a great day sweetie and see ya soon. XXOO
@pyewacket (44036)
Good to see you too :) I think a lot of us were particularly bombarded awhile back with the Yuwie craze..LOL. Hehe..I haven't made much there either...gee, maybe a buck all total since August..think I can splurge and get my Jaguar car now??? LOL
I agree. Its really frustrating to get them. Especially when you go look at the other sites and they are mostly just scams. Is there a way to delete their comments to our personal pages?
@reinydawn (11649)
I always forget to check my profile for that - thanks for the reminder. I wish there was a way we could help our friends out by deleting it from their comments when we see it. I just cringe when I see one on my friends' comment sections also. There is one in particular that has changed the avitar, and it looks like thie person is even now contributing to discussions, but it's still rude to do that to your "friends".