$300.00 rebate for your Taxes

@marciascott (25555)
I just heard it on the news, just now. I know it will come in handy. Have a good day! Did you know you can get one?
@terri0824 (4991)
I have been hearing about this, but I thought they had been talking about $600 for single and something like $1200 for family. At any rate, any amount is better than nothing!
You are right and it also has something to do with that 10 percent tax bracket here is a link to read how it will work http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/18/news/economy/economy_stimulus.ap/index.htm?cnn=yes
@marciascott (25555)
You are right i just heard on the new just now $6000.00 I am confused about it, I didn't work so I don't worry about it, I have been off for 2 yrs.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
Yea my husband has been saying that we would be getting $1200 which would be SO NICE....
@sherrir101 (3670)
What are the requirements and who all can get one? That would be a wonderful thing to have. (((hugs)))
@marciascott (25555)
Hi Sherri read what others has to say this is a good topic, I got some very important, answer here. check out what everone else is saying, I really dot know much about it. I won't be filing any taxes becaus I don't work, my husband is on Dis. so he will file.
@musicman6 (2370)
Oh, I'll bet a lot of people will be happy to receive this rebate! I don't qualify for one, but I am happy for everyone that is getting it!
@marciascott (25555)
I guess you don't have kids? to tell you the truth I don't know how it goes, but you should check to make sure to see if you do or don't qualify for it.
@lightningMD (5932)
I agree that an extra 300.00 will be nice,but I thought when these discussions first started they were talking about 1000.00 dollar refunds. 300 dollars will pay our heat for one month. We wont be able to go spend it on something to boost the economy. It will go to heat and a tank of gas in our truck.
@marciascott (25555)
Talk to your accountant for sure, I really don't know much about taxes, but there are several people here that seems to know what they are talking about.
@raydene (9875)
I didn't hear it. Who will this go to? Is this for everyone? Thanks for letting us know..I will check it out further. xoxoxoxoxo
@polachicago (19075)
It is very confusing for sure. I think it depends on income and form of payment. I have to talk to my accountant. Whatever it is, may help....
@marciascott (25555)
Hi PolarChicago, I am really glad to see you here, It is always so nice to hear from you!
How do you go about getting this $300.00? It sure would come in handy! Thanks so much!
@marciascott (25555)
Ask about it when filing your taxes.
Any money is nice to receive. But the government is clueless if they think this is some magic bullet to spur the economy. Most will take this money and make payments to their credit cards or bills. This is money that has already been spent so there won't be a lot of new purchasing going on. Washington needs to be looking at how they're spending our money and find a way to let us keep more of our hard-earned dollars on a regular basis. Not just some little quick fix.