What do you like to go with your French fries?

By joy
@MGjhaud (20740)
Last night, my friends and I had a feast of French fries at some food chain. We had different sauce for it because they prefer the other than what I have in hand. I like it with spicy ketchup and they like some barbeque sauce to go with it. How about you?
@kun2349 (23475)
If my fries is piping hot and fresh out from the deep fryer, i will prefer to eat it plain.. hehe.. Because fries on it's own without any sauce, is very nice too.. u can taste the real potato:) LOL.. But if it's soggy and maybe cooled down already, i will prefer bbq sauce to add abit of spice.. hehe
I am the same way..the fast food like McDonald's does not taste good if it is not hot and fresh...more then once i had to send the order back ..as in the US it is satisfaction guranteed..or your money back ..and the food free
@kun2349 (23475)
wow.. That's so good.. In singapore, if the fries is soggy, we just returned it but there will never be food free.. LOL
@MGjhaud (20740)
oh yeeea, if it's fresh out from the fryer. it really taste good. no need for some sauce. just a little salt and it's the best.
I love lots of ketchup and cider vinegar.my girlfriend i once worked with loved thousand island dressing on them.i tried that and actually liked it too.when i was a kid growing up in Jersey they had a french fry stand in a place called Frankies Market.they served the fries in a paper cup resembling a snow cone cup.thats where i learned to love the fries that way.
@MGjhaud (20740)
cider vinegar? does really vinegar taste good with French fries? haven't tried even once..
@musicman6 (2370)
Oh, definitely, I make my own spicy ketchup, and I like barbeque sauce also, and sometimes I like mustard on them! And have you ever eaten any with sausage gravy?
Yes, the people in the southern states eat everything with gravy it seems and also grits ..but this is too much grease for me...but some people like it that way
@MGjhaud (20740)
Mustard. Hhmm haven't tried that either. You guys are helping me to experiment on french fries next time i'll buy one.
@secretbear (19466)
french fries - french fries best with gravy
hi MGjhaud! ^__^ i love fries dipped in gravies! the ketchup that usually comes with french fries in fast food restaurants are usually sour than sweet and i don't like them. so one time we were eating out, i just tried dipping the fries in the gravy for the fried chicken and i loved it! ^__^ so now, i eat fries with gravy and if there's no gravy, i eat the fries plain with no other dip. ^__^
@MGjhaud (20740)
I really prefer ketchup. I just wish they do have spicy ketchup.
It all depends on what french fries you're referring. The spicy curly seasoned fries are the best. Of course here we have certain fast food stops like Carl's Jr. or Jack-In-The Box with some good fries. I eat them the way they are I don't like to eat them with any sauce or ketchup. But with my fries it depends on my burger or chicken sandwich. Carl's Jr is my main choice.
@MGjhaud (20740)
i've tried curly french fries before, it taste the same though.
@whittby (3073)
I like plain old ketchup with the fries. They have to be hot and fresh however. My son like malt vinegar. While we're on the subject of fries, what kind of fries do you like? Crispy, greasy - from a fast food chain, homemade, with the skins on, without the skins. Salty or plain. Starting to sound good.
@MGjhaud (20740)
malt vinegar? not familiar.. Hmmm.
@cupid74 (11394)
• Pakistan
Hi dear i like french fries and i am sure they are good with out any sause but needed u can use normal ketchup. chilli garlic sause if mood of eating spices, bBBQ sauce is not bad, nor mustard sause, and u can use mint sauce with curd as well and Cola will be great with that But if nothing is their i love plain fries as well. wink take care
@MGjhaud (20740)
I really wish we do have that chili garlic sauce in here..
@cupid74 (11394)
• Pakistan
Hmmmm it seems u like chilli garlic sause and sure its mouth watering hope u get it there soon and u enjoy it Take care
@MGjhaud (20740)
crossing my fingers on that. I'd be the valued customer of that store then..
@ratyz5 (7829)
I'd usually go along with ketchup since that's the typical but, I also go along with sundaes, frosties, other sauces, and gravy ^_^
@MGjhaud (20740)
Aside from ketchup, I make sundaes as a substitute. It tastes good too.
@ratyz5 (7829)
Try more ^_^
@cream97 (29169)
Yes I like the spicy ketchup as well. I like honey mustard too. Especially with chicken, the kind that curls up...
@MGjhaud (20740)
me too. I never tried mustard and would love to.
@carolscash (9500)
My fries need to be hot,crispy,salty and I like them with cheese sauce, tarter sauce,ketchup,and just plain. My kids like them with mayonaise on them,but I won't try them like that. I guess it would be similar to the tarter sauce. I only eat them like that if I am eating fish from Long John Silver's.
@MGjhaud (20740)
I never tried tartar sauce 'cause there's no available of that in here. I hope some food chains will try.
for me the dip usually varies with my mood.its ketup sometimes,mayo sometimes..did u try honey..i love that too.and i like it with salsa sauce too.my son like it with chocolate sauce and fruit sauce..
@MGjhaud (20740)
never tried much of sauces here except mayo and ketchup. But sometimes I buy sundae and dip it there. I would love to try some honey too or salsa sauce..
@loved1 (5337)
I really love crispy french fries dipped in ketchup. It seems silly, but the taste experience is way better if the ketchup is really cold! I also love fries with malt vinegar like the kind they serve at fish and chip shops in England. That kind of vinegar is good on lots of foods!
@MGjhaud (20740)
So malt vinegar is known in England huh.. I hope that's available here in my country so I could try it as well.
I like cheesy fries sometimes with chilie. I'm usually on a diet. I have one day for cheating I eat fries or cake something like that is really good.
@MGjhaud (20740)
pure cheese is not ok for me but with a chili cheese sauce? I might try one. :) I like chili foods.
@lynnchua (3416)
I like garlic chilli sauce. Sometime I'll have curry sauce, chocolate dip and dip it in ice-cream.
@MGjhaud (20740)
Chocolate dip is real good.
@kate0250 (315)
I want ketchup and lots of mayo with my fries. You know what one of my friends puts her french fries inside her burger, i don't know it it's cool or what? LOL. And also one of my friends mixes icecream with french fries. ^_^
@MGjhaud (20740)
Have tried sundae but not with ice cream. Probably i'll try it then -- with mango flavored ice cream because it's my favorite ice cream flavor.
@eprado (1473)
Fries - French fries, yummy!
Hi MGjhaud,What would I like to go with my french fries? Usually I eat my french fries along with or dipped in ketchup. It can be plain tomato or banana ketchup, sweet and even spicy. Sometimes I dipped it in mixed mayonaise and ketchup. Another dipped I like also is melted cheese when I am eating frencj fries.
@MGjhaud (20740)
I've tried french fries with lots of melted cheese and I don't like it if i get much..
@kuting (887)
ketchup and mayo works best for my fries. sometimes i also try a mustard dip, but macdonald dont have them. i love fries at macdonalds and even if its only ketchup dip, its enough for me.
@MGjhaud (20740)
Mcdonalds has the better fries, my friends used to say. hehehe..
@akinad (448)
i like it with a pepper garlic mayo dip..but ketchup or gravy would do also
@MGjhaud (20740)
I prefer having the ketchup because i don't like mayo and aside from that I have to buy it as well as those gravies. hehehe
I usually like it plain and original. Sometimes, I dip them in tartar sauce or chili too.:)
@MGjhaud (20740)
tartar sauce is kinda new to me, is it chili too?
@choyzee (33)
Most of the time, I prefer catsup to go with my fries. However, when somebody suggested to me to try fries with gravy, I found it very yummy! I guess, catsup or gravy is fine with me as long as the fries taste good and crispy. :)