seven generations is what it takes

@winterose (39918)
Wilma Mankiller once said, ""In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people." what do you think about this quote, how can we do the same to improve our society
@stephcjh (32327)
I think it is a good concept in a way, because it would inlcude people who are older and younger all in one and would kind of provide a medium for all ages generations. I think we need to take all things into consideration for the world today because not all of us are the same and we hold different values and outlooks on life I think if we could stop for a minute and think about what the world once was and what it can be in the future, we would have a better life now and a better outlook to the future.
@winterose (39918)
and it would make us more responsible, the industrial revolution from the past caused polution and illnesses never seen before, the depletion of the ozone layer to day from chemicals is destroying our world.
@stephcjh (32327)
Yes. I agree. That is why we are having so much problems with global warming and such. I cannot believe they have not found a better solution to gasoline either. First we started with steam engines, then the gasoline, as far as I know, and now hybrids. I think they are now trying to make something to where we can use vegetable oil to run our vehicles. There are many things they can do to help the future if they would just take the time to focus on it.
@winterose (39918)
some of our buses now will be fueled with cooking oil here in montreal so I heard on the news recently
@mizrae (587)
I think we'd solve a lot of our own problems with an attitude like that instead of the greed prevalent with this administration!
@winterose (39918)
all political systems are out for themselves as far as I am concerned
@raydene (9875)
I think if we carried this out daily alot of what is done wouldn't be...We live in a time when too many are concerned about #1... xoxoxoxoxo
@winterose (39918)
I think responsibility is important, we should all thing of the mistakes of the past and try to correct the future
Seven generations would help but its not enough, we could have all the wise people in the world and it still wouldnt help i wouldnt get my hopes high because no matter how much you tell someone to do something they wont listen, our world is getting worse and we cant do anything about it. so in conclusion seven generations is not what it takes. add me as a friend!
@winterose (39918)
it takes just one drop of water in a sea to make a ripple, and the more ripples the more change, I truly believe that.
@dorcam (323)
• Malta
I think it would be cool to remember 7 generations, but we don't.