Prince vs. Marshmallow

My roomie and I have a kitten, he is not a cat yet, he is still under a year. He was introduced to a new friend Marshmallow and after about a month they are finally able to get along enough to touch noses. For those of you out there that are trying to introduce new kittens to a cat. Marshmallow is older, take it slow. Yes it has been a month, they are touching noses, but a month ago Marshmallow would not even get near Prince. We took the two of them and placed them in the same room when we left to go around town or if we were just watching TV. So if you have some cats that are not getting along. Don't worry it will work eventually they will like each other. Have patience. Thanks, Aingealicia
@Adoniah (7523)
My African Grey Parrot loves cats. When we lived aboard our sailboat we always had a cat. Never the same one very long. People are forever dumping cats at marinas thinking it is a good place to get rid of an unwanted or pregnant cat. We all took turns taking them in until we could get them fixed and find homes for them. We kept a couple as "Marina cats", but for the most part we sent them on their way. Well Tiamet decided that cats were an integral part of our family and that was that. Now we live in a tiny efficiancy apt. that believe it or not is really smaller than the boat. They have stupid rules about pets, so I will not get a cat here. Tiamet is miffed. One day I brought a kitten home for a visit to babysit. I was informed in no uncertain terms that this was not a cat and that "I want a CAT" Too funny. When the kitten left, the battle of the "I want a CAT" started anew. Then a neighbor was in the process of moving out, so on the major moving day I took her precious cat in while their door was going to be open all day. Tiamet was thrilled. "Now that is a CAT". "OH BOY Now that is a CAT". That was a mistake. I am still paying for that one and it has been three months. I cannot wait until I can move and get this crazy bird a new cat. Cats seem to always like her too! Shalom~Adoniah
Tiamet sounds like he is a riot. I am sure you are paying well for that. I am wondering what he would say about Prince. Thus the name fits the cat I am sure you can imagine. Tiamet just wants his cat to talk to. We got Marshmallow because the neighbors across the street moved out and abandoned her. She has made no movement of leaving, however Prince is learning she is in charge of the house not him. I think I would move back to the boat and leave the apartment behind. We are fortunate in the fact that we have a nice apartment. Ok well I am off for a bit. May be on later but I have to write about a Presidential candidate and American cars. Also side note, I think Tiamet has a better vocabulary than most people do. Smart bird. I can fully hear him saying that. How about a stuffed kitty for Tiamet for a bit? Shalom and Blessed Be, Aingealicia
@Adoniah (7523)
Tiamet and I would live on a boat again in a minute except vertigo kicked me off and it is not getting better in fact it is worse. Tiamet is a girl. Tiamet was the Babylonian goddess of oceanic waters. She was also the first goddess and the first of the gods. Tiamet seems to instinctively know this about her namesake and takes it to heart. She also does not like stuffed things. We have tried that in the past. I have gotten her furbies and those parrots that record what you say and then repeat it to you. Nope she just stares at them and then looks at me like I'm an idiot and I am for wasting the money. I gave them to the neighbors kid.
Smart girl. Wow that was funny to read. I understand. I was just thinking maybe it might work. I think your vertigo will get better. Remember I came to your write up the special day you wrote me back. Just so you know your words touched my heart and faith brought us together. Shalom my friend Adoniah, Aingealicia Oh I have another protest on Friday. I am so excited. So if I am not on much that is why.