Would you buy the DVD series for the shows you like and do you buy each year's

@suspenseful (40316)
season, or do you just buy maybe the first and last season, that is if you have the money? I mean like for instance, would be buy all the CSI Miami from the start or LOST from the start? Or would you just buy maybe a box or two just to remember the show?
@horsesrule (1960)
I can't afford to always buy the DVD's for the shows that I like but when I can, I do buy them. I just bought Burn Notice on DVD and the second season just started on USA channel and I am going to buy season 2 when it comes out. I would love to buy the DVD's for all the seasons of Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis but wow, they are expensive! I have bought a couple of SG1 so far but that's it for now.
@suspenseful (40316)
My older son gave me three years of Stargate SGI for Christmas, but he missed one year, so I have to get the other one myself. I wish he would give me Stargate Atlantis, and I have been doing some rather heavy hinting for Battlestar Galactica. We also got the first season of HEROES, and we are getting all of Lost. Got them all as gifts. I have all of The Pretender except for the last season and the movies, but it seems when I want to get them, something always comes up. And I have to get two seasons of The Profiler. I figure if I buy one set a month, it will help, but with the duty, I have to put money away for that. I ordered something for my singing, and it came through Priority Mail and the delivery boy did not have any change on him and could not break the $20 I put aside, so if I order the Dvds, I hope they come by Fedex. It is much easier.
@clocks123 (1228)
i might do that when the shows are no longer running in reruns for example, i am just seeing the sopranos now i don't get hbo so i am just watching it now. when it no longer airs, i might. also, i just got a dvd burner in my new computer i have to learn how to use it. lost is still here i enjoy watching it but would not right now buy the dvds
@suspenseful (40316)
I would get the DVDS if I like the shows, and I was always watching the reruns. Oh and LOST is a no brainer. That I would get anyway. I am usually wary of getting shows until they are canceled, because in the case of new shows, the show was ended when the bad guys won. So for that reason, I hope LOST continues and those bad guys who plan to kill everyone on the ISLAND are killed before they succeed. So in those cases, I wait until the show is canceled or complete, because I would be depressed if I bought most of the seasons and then the good people lose their homes, and their lives and it ends on a bad note.
@meme0907 (3481)
Hey s, I like to buy series' of network television shows b/c I let my cable go +'s |:)
@suspenseful (40316)
I was thinking if we got rid of cable (and believe me that will not happen. Our local channels are crap. Imagine watching the Canadian government CBC and the CTV all the time, getting only one point of view.) we would have to buy a whole lot of DVDs seeing we are CSI, NCIS, LOST, HOUSE, even those would run into quite a bit of money. Then there are the cooking shows, and Battlestar Galactica for me, Stargate Atlantis. We had better be rich to get all those.
@terri0824 (4991)
I haven't ever bought a series on DVD. Not that I wouldn't but because I never have any extra money to buy DVD series sets. Maybe one day if and when I ever have any extra money I may consider doing this, especially since shows that are on TV these days aren't as good as the older one's.
@suspenseful (40316)
I got some DVD TV series from my older son as a Christmas present, and I started to buy a set for myself of The Pretender - I have to get the movie and the last season, and a set of The Profiler. Now our son has given us a set of Heroes, and of course, being a Lost fan, he gave us the first two seasons, and my husband gave me the last season for my birthday. He also bought all the Babylon 5 series. I do not have the money for it right now. Since getting my Old Age Security, I have been trying to catch up on the other things and I do need a new computer and that comes before DVds.
@Modestah (11192)
If we could watch the series on television and it was currently an active show we likely would not buy it for several years... we have bought some of the classics but did not include the whole series because it was not available.. we are currently renting lost from netflix and I am really enjoying it and would not mind owning the set - but since I am watching it already I probably will not purchase it. my son has purchased all the available sets for 24 and the complete series of star gate, we borrowed star gate atlantis from netflix.
@suspenseful (40316)
I would like to get Stargate Atlantis.
@villageanne (8554)
I love CSI and one year for Christmas, my daughters purchased me season one and season two. That is the only ones that I have. However, both my daughters just love to have all the seasons of their shows. They can just watch them over and over. I cant do that, it gets too boring for me.
@suspenseful (40316)
I would buy CSI Miami, but right now I have to finish the ones I already have.
@wolfie34 (26816)
Yes I do, I have a big collection of dvds of the series I watch, there is a prison drama here in the UK which is called Bad Girls and there are 8 series and I have collected series 1 to 6. I am waiting for series 7 and 8 to get cheaper! Oh I never buy them at full price! I always wait to check on Amazon or Paypal, I use my Mylot earnings on buying them! I save a fortune by NOT buying them in the high street. For example I saved as much as £25! or $40 by buying online! I have quite a few dvd series which I will buy if I am intending to watch them more than once.
@suspenseful (40316)
I plan to buy on Amazon.com. That is because there is a Canadian version that is in English and French, and my French is not that good. They are cheaper in the States than in Canada.
@Lakota12 (42684)
aall I do is turn on A&E and watch them all night long. the only DVDs we have bought of any shows is the 70s show grand daughter liked it so well then now she isnt in to it much. WE buy movies that we like to watch over and over !
@suspenseful (40316)
I kind of do not like the commercials and I like the show soo much=-
@Lakota12 (42684)
I hate commercails. But as I sleep thru most of these I dont have to see them lol. and other program we tape so we can skip thru the commicails
@suspenseful (40316)
We are trying to get rid of our VHS, we do not have it hooked out, and I hate rewinding and fast forwarding through the tape. I am trying to update my old Pretender collection, got all the shows except for the last season and the movies, and also the Profilers. Since I live in Canada, and I want to order from Amazon.com, I want to do so to avoid paying any duty, so it will have to be one set at a time as long as it is $25 or over to avoid the shipping charges.
No I see these shows enough why buy a copy when I know it will be on overand over again ... Then I can also record it myself so no I don`t ...
@suspenseful (40316)
We have a dvd player and the quality on vhs is not what we like, besides we do not like the commercials. I also like to see the shows in sequential order, not all mixed up which sometime happens when a game. Why do you think that I have a whole wall fill of them? I only want to keep my favorite shows not fill up our living room.
well since you put it that way I don`t bother with movies since I`m home so much and am always here to watch the shows I want , if I`m not here I just tape them , and I don`t have room to keep that many movies so I don`t keep them ...
@suspenseful (40316)
We get pay for view, but those movies do not come in letterbox even the new ones. We do have HDTV and the movie channels and we can see whether the movies are well worth keeping and also the Tv shows we like the best.
Nah, I don't really like to own any of the TV shows that I watch because I usually don't watch them more than one time. Someone once gave me a set of Battlestar Galactica DVDs and I've only watched them once. I'm considering watching them one more time because I do trivia. I never collected TV shows and movies in my life. If I want to see them again, I rent them or get them from the library. I just don't see any reason for me to own them.
@suspenseful (40316)
Our library is not that close. We did rent something from the library, but it was so scratched up that my husband used almost a tube of toothpaste fixing the scratches. He decided to save and get the audio Cds. We have bought a couple of already views, but they were not that good. There are some movies I never get enough time to see them, like Gaslight, and I also find when I watch a Tv show, that is supposed to be in chronological order, sometimes they might miss an episode because a game is on or sometimes the network does not show it. Also when you rent a show from the library, you have only so many weeks before you return it, so you have to set aside a special day if it is a first or second season. When you buy them, I can watch the first episode of Stargate. one day, and a week later, the second episode, etc.
@twoey68 (13651)
This is a real problem area for me b/c I love so many series that it would cost me a fortune to get them all on DVD. I've bought the first season of CSI Vegas but so far that's it. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@suspenseful (40316)
I want to get all of Battlestar Galactica and we are getting all of Lost, I cannot afford to get all of the CSI series, I tend to get ones that do not run that long. I figure if they are not being produced anymore, sooner or later, they will not be shown even as reruns and the only way anyone can see them is to buy the DVDs. If I had enough money I would also get all of NCIS as well as CSI and there are a couple of shows that did not last long and I want DVDS of but cannot afford them.
My favorite tv show of all time is "The Dukes of Hazzard". I own all 7 seasons of that on DVD. I would like to get "Little House on the Prairie", "Walker Texas Ranger" and "Home Improvement" on DVD someday also. I would buy every season of all of all them. I would want the entire series, not just a season or two.
@suspenseful (40316)
I liked "Home Improvement" but I watched it over and over again, so I will not buy it on DVD.
@cdparazo (5769)
I would buy those all the DVD's that are for sale for the TV shows that i love such as will & grace, ally mcbeal, Xena and charmed, CSI & heroes.
@suspenseful (40316)
Iwant to finish off my Pretender, The Profiler, and Stargate Series, and get Season Three on Lost.
@kdhartford (1152)
Yeah, we do buy them in our house. My favorite if Rome, Battlestar Galactica, and Earth 2. We watch them all the time.
@suspenseful (40316)
I would like to get Battlestar Galatica
@winterose (39922)
I would buy it if I had the money I love having the whole series of anything including books, but I have very little money now.
@suspenseful (40316)
That's the same problem that I have. I want to finish off my dvd collections of the Tv shows I have.
@Fishmomma (11521)
I have purchased some of the older shows that don't run often like Ironside with Raymond Burr. Also am purchasing Perry Mason, which does run on television, but some of the episodes have been fuzzy and others have tape breaks during the show. I agree some shows run often so there is no reason to buy them, but its nice to see shows that are not easy to find on line. My next purchase will be Ellery Queen, which ran from 1975-77 on NBC starring Jim Hutton as Ellery Queen.
@suspenseful (40316)
We bought the Untouchables 1st and 2nd season, and we were looking into 'Murder she Wrote"
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I have a few television series that I have purchased over the years. I Love Lucy and Roseanne. I will buy a new one every once in a while when I have some extra money. I do not like any of the new stuff enough to buy it.
@suspenseful (40316)
I like police dramas, action adventure, and CSi - love Horatio. I have to buy the third Season of Lost. I balked at buying any of it, got the other two as gifts, because sometimes a show starts out good, and they change writers - and they want to do the Political Correctness or trying to please the media thing.
@laurika (4536)
No i will not buy any of them. to me it is like waste of money. they are all the time on tv and i just can't see why i would like to have them on dvd. But maybe I am not such a fan of the shows, like some other people who collect them and buy more and more. I like some shows, ut i watch it when it is on tv and i think if i would own it, i would never probably find time to watch it.
@suspenseful (40316)
I have my favorite shows and there are some that are on Tv all the time - I can watch "I Love Lucy" anytime, but some shows are only on periodically and for a limited time, like the shows on the Science Fiction Network or our Canadian version, Space. It all depends on what shows, if you really do not care about them, just once them once. I also like to watch shows in chronological order to see how the characters develop, but not all on the same day.
@vanities (11343)
• Davao, Philippines
Im love to watch dvds.. i buy them from the very beginning or season 1 that is if i had not seen it ..but right now i just let my son download those shows that i want to see such us prison break and movies not yet shown in our country but available in the pc..
@suspenseful (40316)
Unfortunately in Canada, we are not allowed to download those shows. I am gradually trying to get DVDs of the shows I loved before but are no longer available. It is going to take like a long time.
@gtargirl (5385)
My daughter and I were just talking about this the other day. While I wouldn't buy anything on DVD she is starting a collection. It's what she asks for Christmas and all that. She wants the every season of Lost, Heroes and 24. Oy! If I was going to buy anything on DVD it would be the Stargate Series. But it's so expensive.
@suspenseful (40316)
I got some Stargate Series a couple of Christmases ago and maybe I will finish the series, but I love Stargate Atlantis best. And I have to finish off my Profiler and Pretender collection first.