Does your mirror face your bed?

@LittleMel (14053)
I have a dresser with mirror attached to it and I don't feel comfortable with the mirror position facing my bed. I am planning to use the other dresser that comes with mirror but not attached to it. This way the mirror can be hung somewhere else, not facing the bed. Do you feel uncomfortable with mirror facing your bed? have you ever thought about changing its position?
Yep, it makes me very uncomfortable. I don't even want to see a mirror while in bed. If there is a sliver of light shining in the night and a chance that I may see myself in the mirror if I would wake in the night, it would scare me because I would think someone was in the room. That may sound weird, but I won't have a mirror where I can see myself from the bed.
@LittleMel (14053)
I have been having some kind of dejavu since I have that dresser installed. A few times I was making the bed and when I glanced to the mirror, I saw someone else, not me (!) One time I even saw this person in a dessert, not in my room then a few more times I woke up in the middle of the night because I feel that the mirror was looking at me. I sleep with my face facing the mirror. It's not ghost, because you can't see ghost in mirror. Maybe I can change my sleep position too.
I used to see a woman in a bedroom mirror facing the bed when I was a young teenager. I do have a mirror on top of my vanity in the bedroom, but it faces a wall, you cannot see the reflection of the bed or the doorway in it. Even a reflection of the doorway would be creepy, because you would see yourself every time you walked back into the room...yikes! It just plain creeps me out to even think of it facing the bed or the doorway, I don't know why, maybe memories from childhood. I just don't get good vibes at all.
PS..cool avatar, btw :)
@polachicago (19073)
Based on Feng-Shui, it is not good to have mirror in your bedroom. It is good to have mirrors in your house, but not in your bedroom. I choose really careful what I have in my bedroom to keep good energy in.
@LittleMel (14053)
yes I was reading feng shui last week and found that it wasn't good. I can have mirrors in the bedroom but not facing the bed or the door. I tried covering the mirror the last few days and I sleep like a baby I even miss the bed :) I have been insomniac for a long time
@zeloguy (4913)
Yes my mirror faces the bed but the mirror is on the dresser which is higher than the bed so the only time you would see yourself is if you are sitting up in bed (as I am doing now).
@LittleMel (14053)
mine is about the same high as the bed, it's the bed that's high, not that the dresser is low. maybe I can just get a lower bed.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Actually I won't sleep in a room with mirrors, It just gives me the willys. I have mirrors in every room in my house but my bedroom. They are mirrors in the other bedrooms but I just cannot sleep with one especially if it was facing me. once when we were at a motel I took a mirror off the wall that they had hanging and faced it to the wall in another part of the room. I replaced it in the morning. I don't know how people cna have mirrors on their ceilings that would drive me crazy.
@LittleMel (14053)
maybe they think it's art. I sleep better now the mirror is covered. too heavy to move the dresser so I'll have to do that
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
It was a big mirror about a 22x36 mirror so I think they wanted it ot be used maybe as a grooming mirror. since it had a tiny bathroom. The mirrors on our dresser was removab;e heavy but removable if you don't feel comfortable with it in your room then maybe you should remove it and store it in another room that is what I did. After I read Stephen Kings book liseys story It made my paranoidness about mirrors worse. Hubby told me I was nuts to remove it,but he did especially if he wanted me to sleep in there with him.
@LittleMel (14053)
I know what you mean. horror films do that to me too
@newfette (340)
I never had a fear of mirrors until I heard about the Ghost Story "Bloody Mary". And one time at a sleepover when I was about 11 or 12 years old, I was dared to go into my bathroom with the lights off, just candles lit, stare into the mirror and say Bloody Mary 3 times. I did it. And I saw something behind me. It scared the crap out of me. I know if was probably my imagination creating images in my mind - images I wanted to see. Ever since then I am uncomfortable looking into mirrors. I wonder if this is a legit fear, like a phobia. So no, there are no mirrors in my bedroom at all. I don't like waking at night and seeing my distorted darkened reflection!
@LittleMel (14053)
it may be phobia for some people. I know not for me. I don;t feel good having mirror facing my bed, that's all. it can be anywhere else in the room but not facing the bed.
@chrislotz (8203)
I have never thought of it as a problem, because I have never even thought about it. My mirror does face my bed. I have never noticed or realized it before, so I guess it is not a problem for me or my hubby. I think I will leave it where it is. Watch, now that it has been brought to my attention, it will probable bother me now. lol
@LittleMel (14053)
:):) my husband makes fun of me whenever I told him this Not everyone is sensitive like I am. If you feel good then don't bother.
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
Yes LittleMel, my mirror faces my bed, and it does bother me somewhat; I feel a little uncomfortable with it there. If it wasn't so big and heavy, I would prefer to move it somewhere else in the bedroom - so I just make do with it sitting on the dressing table facing the bed.
@LittleMel (14053)
I told my husband and he said he doesn't like the mirror there too because he can see a fat man waking up and then realizes he is that man. So I guess nothing can be done with that dresser and mirror I will have to find another way
There is no mirror in my bedroom, and it is not a mistake nor random. If I want to shave, comb or look at myself into a mirror, I will use the bathroom one.
@LittleMel (14053)
I read feng shui that it is OK to have mirror in bedroom, it just can't face the bed or the door directly. If I could uninstall it I would.