When their body stays but their mind goes

@addysmum (1225)
When I worked in home care as a palliative caregiver I often thought that the spouse of my client should have someone to go to. I do not agree with having affairs when you make a life commitment to another person you should honor that commitment. However when you expect to retire and travel, or grow old in each others arms and then you have that taken away with Alzheimer's disease or ALS sometimes having someone you can go to for comfort is good. I cared for an ALS client and every day her husband sat sad and alone, he had the caregivers but we where all young and he was left with nobody he could talk to and share his life with. I so often watched him and thought his wife would never have to know if he just found someone to fill that void left by her untimely removal from their life together. All he would have to do is say he was going golfing and she would not have known any different and then he wouldn't have to be so alone. What do you think?
@ElicBxn (60081)
People make promises and then keep them, no matter what hardship it cost them. I think its brave of this man to remember & hold his promises, even tho his wife has already basically left him.
@addysmum (1225)
My spelling is horrible today. That is supposed to be pinched. Forgive any other mistakes as I have no brain today, my kids have sucked it out.
@ElicBxn (60081)
Actually, when I, or anyone else, respond to a response, the notification goes to the respondee, not the discussion starter - ooo, something else to ask Crash - but I've asked my question....