What is your favorite vegetable?

Vegetable market - Vegetable market outside US
@zeloguy (4913)
Veggies are so good for our bodies. Which one do you like the most and which to you just refuse to eat?I love corn and broccoli. I really don't like asparagus but when I go to a***** restaurant they can really make that taste good as well. What about you guys what do you like and not like?
@roniroxas (10576)
i eat all kind os veggies even the bitter plum. yes it is good for us so i am not picky about it.
@zeloguy (4913)
My father is like that. He will almost literally eat anything and like it. I never take his advice when reccomending restaurants... this place was so good. I've never heard anything different from him ;) .
@roniroxas (10576)
i eat but not like everything, it of course depends on how it was cooked. your father sounds like he loves food of all kind of sorth
@zeloguy (4913)
I honestly can't think of a food he does not like.
@raijin (10373)
I used to be a picky-eater, when I was a kid up to my teenage days. Which I guess that's what most of us have encountered, I only learned to eat vegetables when I was having a long vacation on the province. Most of my relatives pick-up the veggies around the backyard, it's fresh and looks really delicious so I gave it a try and somehow loved it. Maybe because by the way it looks and how it was cooked, not to mention it's freshness. I guess I love eating them all now, even when I'm cooking, I always do my best to put some vegetables in it..
@zeloguy (4913)
My wife 'hides' vegetables in my food all the time. As long as it tastes good I really don't care. And even if it doesn't taste all that good (which is almost never) I still eat it and tell her how good it was... heh.
@raijin (10373)
Yes, delicious or not, they are welcome to be eaten. I'm happy that I live with a third-world country, somehow it makes me realize that I should be thankful from the foods we eat compared to poor families who doesn't have to choose what type of food or what it tastes just for them to eat.
@zeloguy (4913)
It was amazing when I was in Morocco... my in-laws (my father in-law) would go out early in the morning to go to the Mosque and coming back he would go to the souk (outdoor market) and come home with the freshest foods I have ever eaten... want a snack there are vendors walking up and down the streets with all kinds of goodies... apricots YUM, apples, bananas, pears, cherries when they were in season, you name it. And the prices were ridiculously low. I used to tip them and they either gave it back to me or looked so shocked that I would actually pay MORE for an item than what he was asking... or what I dickered for.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I LOVE asparagus, "vegetable lollipops" my dad used to call them. I also love brussel sprouts, "vegetable meatballs" my former roomie calls them. I also love cauliflower, cooked or raw.
@zeloguy (4913)
Cauliflower is another one of those veggies my wife cooks with that I was like uh, no... but the way she cooks it... it's really good.
@webeishere (36353)
Cauliflower with some sliced zuchinni and sliced taters deep fried quickly are actually great. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@zeloguy (4913)
You are making me hungry already... wow that sounds good.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
Salad! Lettuce, hearts of Romaine, a little iceberg. Some cucumbers in there. Add some carrots. Tomatoes and a little fresh broccoli. It's a good way to get a bunch of veggies in all at once. Added bonus you can put your favorite flavor dressing. YUUUUUMMMMMYYYY!
@zeloguy (4913)
I have learned to even steer away from the dressing and go with just a little oil and vinegar and wow... it's still great. I remember TV commercials I guess back in the '70s about not drowning the salad with dressing. Don't get me wrong I love my occasional blue cheese bur for a healthy salad I go au natural.
mmm i love veggies!! some times i like them more then fruit!! hahah growing up we ate just about everything. i dont like onions raw... cooked in things i dont mind at all green peppers i dont like cooked or raw i LOVE broccoli, squash, potatoes. i dont like can corn, but i will eat it on the cob, when its nice and sweet. i like peas, but i think as a kid i ate them WAY to much that i dont have all that much interest in them anymore lol i dont like radishes i LOVE salad veggies lettuce cucumbers carrots altho i rather carrots cooked. i like green beans raw or cooked with garlic YUM oh man i could go on forever, but i think ill stop now lol
@zeloguy (4913)
raw onions are definately an aquired taste. I am not into peas.. broccoli yes, squash not really. potatoes... who DOESN'T love potatoes. Didn't like radishes but it is a staple in my wife's cooking so have an aquired taste for them now.
@wolfie34 (26793)
I would find it difficult to choose just one favourite vegetable as I love all vegetables apart from spinach that would be my number one hate, I refuse to eat it, revolting stuff! Ok, I'd say parsnips are probably my best vegetable especially if they are roasted and served with a nice tasty roast dinner. Green vegetables are exceptionally good for our bodies because they have great vitamin and mineral qualities and some actually ward off cancer!
@zeloguy (4913)
Fresh spinich is great... like a thick lettuce with a little more of a bitter flavor but what the heck they do to it to make it into that revolting mess in a can I have no idea. YUCK.
@dreamy1 (3815)
Potatoes. I love potatoes. I love french fries, mashed potatoes (with gravy), baked potatoes, au gratin potatoes, hashbrowns, western fries. MMM potatoes I can eat potatoes all day, every day. They are definitely my favorite vegetable.
@zeloguy (4913)
Potatoes are the most versitle of any veggie and as you say they are great cooked any way.
@Kowgirl (3491)
I like all green veggies and potatoes(white and sweet) My Mom went shopping every day to buy fresh veggies for dinner and we learned to eat all different kinds. She stills likes to cook even though she will soon be 92 years young. I guess a long life depends on what you eat. She lives alone and still has a garden that she takes care of with very little help from anyone. Fresh veggies is her main food now.
@zeloguy (4913)
That is awesome. My grandfather is 93 and diabetic which limits what he can eat and a lot of veggies have to be eaten in liquid form. Grandmother had a garden until I could remember her passing away... great getaway.
@OURDEW (4812)
I like many different veggies, but my favorites are potatoes, sweet potatoes and mushrooms. The ones that I don't like are carrots and spanich. I seem to like all green veggies too.
@zeloguy (4913)
Oh man sweet potatoes with some brown sugar and marshmellows over the top. YUUM!
@Modestah (11192)
I so wanted to say mushrooms too, dew, but I was afraid that someone would get technical on me since they are a fungus and not really a veggie. my son does that to me and then the other day tells me that what I am eating is the BLOSSOM of the mushroom PLANT---- mmmhmmm, plant with blossom HELLO! don't get smart with me for thinking of them as a veggie!
@webeishere (36353)
Mine is the tomato. It's actually classified as a fruit but I love it. Now to go the correct route with VEGETABLE I would say mine is the yellow zuchinni. I love slicing them and breading them with a special recipe then deep frying them. tasty. I hate aspargus is the only veggie I don't like. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@zeloguy (4913)
It makes me smile that on two questions I asked... what fruit do you like and what vegetable to you like the tomato was high up there on both counts. There is so much you can do with it and is by far the most used fruit/vegetable on the planet... just all the ketchup we consume right there makes it a non-competition.
@webeishere (36353)
It's amazing so many think of a tomato as a vegetable too. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I was raised on garden foods. My granny has pictures of me just learning to walk in the garden pulling green onions and trying to eat them..I like almost all garden foods except for Okra and beets those are two I never really aquired a taste for. The others I can eat all the time. You are right about the aspargus we grew our own and it is alot better. I tried canned asparagus and it was just nasty..
@zeloguy (4913)
Okra I don't really know about. I know I have eaten it but don't remember. Beets... uh no that is off my radar. Just the word BEET should tell people to stay away. I was the same way... remember the bags of green beans and pulling off the ends or shucking the beans out of their shell.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I remember very well destringing and breaking beans by the 5 gallon bucket fulls to can and freeze and shucking corn until my fingers were so sore. I grew to hate it..lol. But me and my husband have a small garden out occasionally and he helps do alot of the work. Thankfully..
@Ravenladyj (22937)
Oh I'm a corn gal through and through....Its my all time favourite COOKED veggie...its actually the ONLY cooked veggie I will really eat...As far as raw veggies goes though, I like baby spinach, lettuce, carrots, celery, radishes, tomatos, peppers..broccoli, cabbage, snap peas and tons of others :-) What WON'T I eat PEAS!!!! I think peas are the NASTIEST creepiest little squishy round green gross tasting things ever discovered!! OH and lima beans...those are enough to make me wretch too..
@Ravenladyj (22937)
Oooh potatos!! I forgot to mention those!! I LOVE potatos...smashed, baked, french fried, hashbrowned, au gratin (only if I make it though), potato salad...hell ya me loves them taters!!
@zeloguy (4913)
I'm with you. I won't eat peas (although I say that and I eat them all the time in Moroccan dishes but I won't eat peas by themselves) and I love potatoes
@Modestah (11192)
You might know by now that I am not good at choosing favorites - I guess I would have to say my favorite veggies are Farm Fresh picked my least favorite you might think would be the contrary "canned veggies" but I actually do have an individual vegitable that I find unpleasant - at least the one time that I cooked it and it could be my cooking or the condition of the veg. to begin with - but it is Turnip. I might could add parsnips to that too, but I am not quite sure.
@zeloguy (4913)
I love it when I can go and pick for myself... not common here in the US but in Northern Africa it is very common to be able to do that.
@lilybug (21148)
I love onions, broccoli, corn, and potatoes. I love cooked mushrooms, but I don't like them raw. I also like brussel sprouts and asparagus. Actually the only ones I don't like are tomatoes, peppers, and okra.
@zeloguy (4913)
Okra is the veggie getting the bum rap today... there are a lot of plusses and minuses but no one likes okra. Heh.
@kbourgerie (8781)
I don't like vegetables. I can't think of one that I would go out of my way to eat, but if I have to I'll eat peas, cauliflower, corn or anything that you can disguise with a sauce. LOL.
@zeloguy (4913)
That is the great thing about veggies is they can be put in a broth or a sauce and you still get the nutrition and not the raw flavor the veggies give but rather a different texture to what you are cooking.
@tiller (57)
Eggplant is my favorite.It tastes good when you cook it by heart.
@zeloguy (4913)
Never been a big fan of eggplant, or any purple vegetable for that matter but prepared properly it can actually be pretty good. It usually is served too soft for my taste.
@ryzach (1546)
I know tomatoes are a vegetable and a fruit. but this is my favorite "vegetable" . Many times I just like to eat them sliced up with a little salt. Another favorite way to eat tomatoes is with fresh mozzarella, basil and balsalmic vinegar. I also love onions, cucumbers, broccolli, corn, peas, spinach, peppers, cabbage, most kinds of lettuce for salads, radishes, zucchini squash, carrots and many more. My least favorite is cauliflower, brussel sprouts. I actually prefer vegetables over fruit. I really need to eat more fruit. I am a meat eater but could make a dinner out of vegetables. I agree, they are so good for our bodies!
@zeloguy (4913)
For this conversation we'll call them a veggie... they ARE great with a little salt and some mozzarella... I have not had that in a while... or fried green tomatoes, really good stuff. For more fruit eat as a dessert instead as part of the meal. You have a nice big meaty dinner and then a fruit cocktail for dessert just to top it off. Very light but very satisfying.
@salam1 (1475)
my fav is cabbage and broccoli. carrot is not for me. here in new zealand there is a campaign that said vegetable is our friend. I dont agree, I think vegetable is a 'victim' of people who like it ;)
@zeloguy (4913)
I love crunchy sweet vegetables so carrots fill the spot... great in a shake believe it or not. Broccoli is good and of course cabbage... raw or cooked.
@CherishC (249)
I like every veggie out there, accept Brussels Sprouts, YUCK.
@zeloguy (4913)
I can agree with that wholeheartedly.
@megumiart (3781)
I like potatoes best; they're so versatile. You can make them, bake them, scallop them, and fry them. :] I can't stand the crunch of raw vegies, so there's a lotttt of produce that I just cannot eat.
@zeloguy (4913)
Just remember the difference between a Russett potato and a cooking potato... poe-tae-to or poe-tah-to... it's a great way to get your starch.