Interesting banana tidbits

bananas - bunch of bananas
I haven't tried these tips yet for the lack of bananas, but I'm passing them on because these tips have been passed around for awhile through the emails. Peel a banana from the bottom end and you won't have to pick the little 'stringy things" off of it. That's how the primates do it. Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.
@AICIRT81 (847)
I never thought of peeking them from the bottom or seperating them when I get home. Those are both very good ideas and I'll have to try it. Thanks!
You're welcome. I'm looking forward to trying them, too. I'm tired of bananas getting brown too fast. :) TY for your response.
@AICIRT81 (847)
My baby love eating nanners.
@crazynurse (7489)
Wow, now I am itching to run to the grocery store to buy a bunch of bananas so that I can test these tips! In order to peel the banana from the bottom, I imagine one would have to cut across the end so that there would be something on which to pull. I will definitely try these tips the next time I bring home bananas! Thanks so much for sharing, it is amazing what one can learn by coming to myLot for a few minutes each day!
I thought I'd have to make a little cut in the bottom of the banana, but it isn't necessary. I've been peeling bottom side up since my last bunch of bananas :-) Thanks for your response.
thanks, those are some good tips, I will have to give them a try next time I have a banana.
You're welcome -- and thank you for your comment.
@aseretdd (13709)
I come from a banana loving country and i never though of peeling it from bottom end... i guess that would relieve us from those nasty stingys... i also like the idea about taking them apart... i never do that... i will definitely try your banana tidbits the next time i buy a bunch of them... thanks...
thank you for your comments. Funny -- I want to run out to the store and buy some bananas right now so I can prove the tips. But I'll wait. LOL
@freak369 (4918)
Wow, I guess it is true, you do learn something new every day. I make a lot of Jell-O and like to add sliced up banana to it, I am going to try the upside down approach next time and see if I can get away with not having to pick out the banana veins!