Fee changes starting february 20, 2008

Italy
ebay.com has scheduled a new increase in fees: Insertion fees will have a reduction (a very small one, about 0,05-0,10 $), and the final value fees will have an increase (a big one, up to 12%)!!! What do you think about that? Here is the link: http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/basic/index.html
I got the message from ebay and I did not see where final value fees were going up that much, someone yesterday said to 8.75% now it is 12%. I have read my message several times and I dont see it. As for the insertion fees they have decreased by 5 to 10 cents and you get gallery for free that is 35 cent savings right there.
I just read your link and the 12% is only for store listings not auction style or fixed price auction listings.
I think that 5-10 cents less is really little if compared to the % increase. Just do the maths, you will end up with an increase, NOT a reduction!
Now watch how many sellers raise their shipping rates just a bit as they try to offset these additional charges. I like the lowering of the listing fees "up to 50%" What exactly is the "up to"? 10%- 30%?? But they give a definate 5 in the final value fees up 67%. Now they will take nearly .09 of every dollar you sell your item for. If your listing something on Ebay that will probably sell for under $25, you should setting the starting price very close to what you feel comfortable selling it for, rather than listing it for .99. I wonder how many $1 and $2 items will be listed on Ebay over the next few days? LOL
@wmaths (536)
If they will do this it would be that they have problems with their contability. I don't think they want to earn more. This will be a great problems for the sellers. More fees to sell a product won't encourage us to sell our product. I don't think they are doing well.