Your scratch card wins you $500 and your spouse wants you to use it to pay

the bills. But you want to use it to go shopping and the rest for the bills. What would you do? This questions is coming from a friend of mine. This friend live separate from her girlfriend. But the girl friend pays her back rent lights cable etc. I told her it would be best to give the $500 to the girlfriend who pays her back bills. She wants me to ask this question here. because she feels she should be able to go shopping and not pay the $42.00 lights. She now is demanding an apology from be thinking so low of her. Thanks for the help
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
If someone has been paying her bills and she wins $500 then she should want to give this lady at least some of the money. When the money runs out, she is more than likely going to need this lady again since it is obvious that she is not very responsible in the first place. If a person wins unexpected money, common sense should tell them to pay off their debt first. I believe that your friend is extremely selfish and ungreatful and I would not want to do a thing for her.
@lilybug (21148)
I think that she should keep some of it to spend how she wants, but most of it should go to the person who is paying her bills for her. She should maybe keep $50 of it and hand over the rest.
@ravinskye (8242)
If someone else is paying her bills she should give that money to the other person to pay them back. Its not right to go shopping when you owe someone money.
@webeishere (36353)
I agree, I could see shopping for things that are desperately needed like food or clothes for shildren. Bills should come first always. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@sedel1027 (17854)
I would definitely pay at least the light bill at least. I would go buy items that I needed (like new clothes) and then save or pay bills with the rest.
She really should just give up the entire check. This girl gets an allowance to pay her rent and bills. It would be only decent of her to give her girlfriend the money. Plus the girl friend does not know she is renting a room out of her apt. For more than what she pays for rent. She is just wrong.
@suspenseful (40316)
She won the money - and she is not a spouse of her girl friend, they are just friends. She can give half to her if they both bought it together and her friend paid half. But they are not married and it depends on how much the friend contributed to paying it. Now if it were the tradition of your friend giving her friend money to pay bllls and that any winnings are considered part of the earned money, then she should give her the proportion that she would have given her if she had earned that money, so if what she gave her was 25 percent that is the amount she should give. In a marriage, man and wife married at a church or a civil ceremony, the winnings belong to all.
they are a couple and since she asked me to ask the question. I kept it as she says it. i call them girlfriends most of the time. She does too but when she is there with the girl she says spouse. Thanks
@palonghorn (5486)
42 dollars? I would pay that and then go shopping. And if I bought the ticket and it won that much, he wouldn't ask for a dime of it, but I would still split it with him, just because. I'm not sure that she should give all of it to her friend, but a 1/3 or 1/2 would be nice.
@whywiki (6070)
I think she should give half to the friend for bills and splurge on herself with the rest. Sometimes you just half to spoil yourself and escape from the endless cycle of bills and responsibilities I think. In my house this would never be a problem because my hubby and I are a bit irresponsible when it comes to fun and responsibility.
@ctrymuziklvr (11059)
If someone else is paying her bills and she won $500 I think she should at least pay the $42 light bill...if not more. It seems only fair to me but I guess it's up to your friend.
@carolbee (16241)
If the bills are due there would be no reason for me to go shopping. I'd definitely pay the bills and forget the shopping. Priorities is the name of the game. It wouldn't be fun sitting in the dark if the light bill wasn't paid. Couldn't be on the computer and it might get cold..lol
@izathewzia (5142)
It is your scratch card so you have the sole rigth of what to do with it. It is up to you to use it & no one should influence you on where or what way to spend it. It is all yours.
Oh definatley needs to pay her friend for the bills. I mean I have been in an experience before where me and my friend got in a huge fight over money. Avoid this at all costs. Fights over money are usually stupid and can be easily resolved. Pay the friend and if there is some left over than go shopping. Pay your bills than have fun..I think that is called being responsible.
@Aussies2007 (5339)
Is she a teenager? or what? Let me put it this way... If she don't use the money to pay her back bills... the girl friend will leave and she will find herself in the street... as she is incapable to pay the bills to keep a roof over her head. So... no more girlfriend and no more roof. I hope the shopping was worth it. laugh
@jezzmay (1845)
I think the bills should be paid first,then if anything is left she can go shopping.I was raised this way,and it only makes since.You have to have a place to live,lights,heat and food,this should come first.This is the way I feel,but I do not judge anyone for their ways of doing things.
@bagumbayan (2707)
I was not able to get what youve written. Best advice, give the spouse half of the prize and the half to her friend. I think thats fair enough.
@mouse27 (1155)
i would pay the bills first then go shopping. theres no point in going shopping for stuff if you don't have a home to put it in so rent and lights are very important
I might would keep like $50 and then give the rest to pay bills with. If I won $500 then I would want to have a little bit to buy myself something.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
Well if the gf is paying for everything I think its only right for your friend to at LEAST give the gf HALF! I mean if I were to win $500 or whatever I'd give my husband half of it probably 2/3s of it really...I mean sure i'd want to keep SOME of it but the reality is he pays for pretty much everything so it'd only be right IMO...
i cant sympathize to the question because i have never been that lucky but i do think the least she can do is pay the friend back well at least half give her friend 250 and she keep 250 the friend is being nice by paying the back bills so the least this winner could do is reimburse her for what she has done i would not feel right if i blew the money and did not give her a portion for all of her help. friends like that are hard to comeby
@webeishere (36353)
I gamble buying lottery tickets and going to the casino. My wife and our 30 year old daughter know if I win. How do they know? I usually get ba small stuffed animal for my daughter sliding a $100 bill in with it as a gift then the remaining winnings are split with my wife. If the lights need to be paid I think that should come first and foremost in my mind. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
well the right thing to do would be to pay the bills proriotys first than fun. but its up to her if she wants to go spend the money all on herself than whatever and if she loses her girlfriend over ti than whatever. If i were the girlfriend and she went and blew it all and never helped me pay her bills i would stop paying her bills, maybe nto break it off but i would stop the cash flow