Its time to break the fast... who doesn't take breakfast?

@jpso138 (7844)
Due to the constraints of the modern world, people have little time or no time anymore to eat breakfast. On a typical working day, we have to rush for work, or do some activities that perhaps makes us skip breakfast. Ironically, experts have pointed out that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. From the time you sleep in the evening, you actually have nothing in your body up to the moment you wake up. That is typically the reason why it is called breakfast since it is supposed to break the fasting that we have done overnight. A good morning meal actually energizes and makes the body parts perform the way they should be. It also awakes the the mind for the it has to do and generally keeps us alert the whole day. Does everyone here still eat breakfast? What is your favorite breakfast menu?
@ersmommy1 (12600)
I typically just have coffee. Or toast and coffee. But I do make sure my daughter is well fed. As an example, This morning she is having grapes, a bowl of oatmeal, and a glass of milk. I think that's a pretty good meal. As breakfast goes, ocassionally I like an omlet, or biscuits and gravy.
@jpso138 (7844)
That is very good most especially for the children. A nutritious breakfast gave the day a good start as it improves academic performance and psychological functions. This has been supported by data that breakfast makes student more alert and improves the memory among others. A full stomach also improves the mood and relationships with with the classmates.
@madlees (1381)
You also need breakfast and what you give your kid will also be good for you. Try it out and see what it does for you.
@LovingIt (5398)
I had gotten out of the habit, as I'd rather sleep than get up and eat. However, I read where eating two eggs for breakfast causes the average woman to eat 400 calories less per day than they did before. So I've added eggs and breakfast back into my life. I have 2 eggs, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast, V8, and 2 slices of center cut bacon every morning now and I've been steadily losing weight, although this is the only change I've made in my life.
@jpso138 (7844)
I see, so you find the diet good and effective. Well that is good for you. However, please do not be offended, I have also read that eggs have plenty of cholesterol so try to check it out. Unless otherwise, you are not taking in the egg yolk. From what I have read, the egg white is good and it has protein, but the egg yolk has plenty of cholesterol and should not be taken in moderate. Some suggest that having eggs with the yolk is okay at least twice a week. But having the egg yolk everyday might be bad for health. I could be wrong and its worth finding out. Best to your weight program.
@luanakent (795)
• Brazil
In Brazil, the most important meal is lunch (11 am to 13 hours +-. In the morning we do the "coffee of the morning" Everything depends on the usual.
@jpso138 (7844)
Yes, it always depend on the usual. I think I'm gonna survive in Brazil since I have coffee in the morning and eat my lunch at around the same time as you do it in your country.
• Brazil
You will be welcome !!
@brimia (6584)
I always eat something for breakfast...whether it's cereal, fruit smoothie or just grabbing a piece of fruit on my way out the door... On weekends, when I have more time, I'll make a bowl of oatmeal or pancakes.
@jpso138 (7844)
you are actually eating your way to good health. Cereals, oatmeal and fruit have fibers that clean up the system. I sure wish I have the same thing as what you have. But in most cases, I don't have the time to take it due to some factors like bringing the kid to school. So I ended up drinking coffee along the way.
I do take breakfast but depends on how busy I am with my fulltime job...
@jpso138 (7844)
Its just a matter of adjusting to our daily needs. Our body will always adapt to different situations. Its a good thing that we are not robots and are program to do this at certain hour or certain time. Truly a wonderful creatiion.
@Margajoe (4720)
You are so right. But, no I don´t always eat breakfast. I do more than I used to, because I know it is better. But, sometimes I am just to lazy. Cause when I wake up I don´t feel hungry yet. I know it is wrong. When I do eat, my favorite breakfast is eggs. No matter what kind, I love eatting eggs. Take care.
@jpso138 (7844)
Its nice of you to say that. But I do believe that you also know that benefits of having breakfast so I guess you are as bright as me. I hope you are not offended, you were saying that when you wake up, you are do not feel hungry. There could be some reasons for that. One could be is you eat late for dinner most of the time and since you don't move so much in the evening then it is not properly digested and when you wake up in the morning, you still feel full. Another reason could be is that your metabolism is just not that fast, so by the time you wake up, you would need to move a little bit and after which, thats the time you get hungry. But you don't have to worry, whats important is we eat and supply our body with energy. Have a wonderful meal!
@madlees (1381)
One should not let the constraints hinder the breakfast habit.The breakfast is meant to be taken , your body needs it for maintaining the energy level through out the day. I have been reading about health and everything, since I am a homeopath. The breakfast helps you to eat less during the day and maintains your health too. Just a bowl of Oats and 2 toasts with fruits will give you enough energy and lets you fly through the day. Otherwise you'll start getting tired by the evening and will be drained out by the night.