I just bought my cats the litter maid box

If you have this litter maid. How do you save on those plastic box things. I bought the litter as well. I was told by a customer on line to wash them out. also he said it was hard to put together. Was this something you found it hard to do? I also want to know if you buy the cat litter maid by the same company? Thanks so much I can't believe I paid that much for it. $101.00 Target
@zeloguy (4913)
Get back to us and let us know if it really was worth $100 not to scoop the litter.
I will but we are still working on putting it together. We were out all day. :)
@Liasonfan (1702)
Well hubby and I have looked into littermaid, litter robots all the automated type litter boxes actually. I have been told though that it might not eork for our cat as we are pretty sure she has feline diabetes. Yep we have a vet appointment to confirm this. But that basically means that she drinks alot of water, and urinates alot as well. Since these boxes use clumping litter, apparently the the automatic rakes can't keep up with that. We change the litter almost daily now because of the amount and the smell. It is costing us a small fortune in litter and the plastic liner bags. I noticed the prices in Petsmart also was right around the $100.oo mark for litter maid. Still wondering if we should try it, I just don't know what to do anymore...
One of my cats drink all the time. he loves cold water a lot. I have to get my cats to the local shelter here. They do a lot of stuff for less money as the vets. I do hope this works for me. But for the most part my cats are making #2 Thanks
just bought the new one for my cats and paid about 120 or so at petsmart.. i miss the old litter maid because it wasnt hard to put together and it scooped a lot better the old one was just 1 piece where as the new one is in a few pieces grr