Why Dont People Use There Driveways??

This makes no sence to me. Yesterday we had a bad day snow wise. It sleeted, then rained, then snowed, then froze over night. While I was out today I noticed everyone parked on the road in front of there houses. The Plow Guy could only Plow the middle of the road because of all the cars. Now what I wonder is.....these people have driveways..nice big 3-4 car driveways! Why dont they use them?? I mean hello thats what a driveways for right? LOL!! I could see if you didnt have one then ya park on the road but if you have a driveway use it. Some of these people have nice cars to. I would be worried someone would hit may car if I parked it on the road. Just seems wierd to me I guess. What are your thoughts? Do you have a driveway? Do you park in it or on the road? ~~Have a Great Day~~
@rachy577 (100)
It's something which has often puzzled me aswell actually. If you have a driveway, why not use it? Surely people can't be so lazy that they can't drive their car just that little bit further off the street. Fair enough, if they are going to go back out fairly soon, but still! I would always park my car on the drive, or even better, (if I had one!) in a garage. After all, surely the car will be much safer when left in a garage than on the street. At least from such things as tyre slashing and carjackers.
Maybe they are just lazy...but if they park on the street they have to walk farther to there house..LOL! Whatever!
@dreamy1 (3818)
Maybe they don't want to dig themselves out of the driveway. I can see that as the reason they parked on the street. It might be less snow to dig out from if they snow plow already came by. Especially of their driveway is long and they parked all the way at the end.
But they shovel the driveways! LOL. Its funny I guess. Shovel the driveway and dont use it..LOL!
@maddysmommy (16243)
We live in an apartment block and have an underground garage where we park our car. We also have outside parking along the sides of the street we can use too. If we lived in our own home and had a driveway then I would most definitely use our driveway as opposed to the side of the street.
That is very annoying! Here, there is a parking ban on the streets right after it snows, so your car can be ticketed or towed if it's left on the street. I agree that if you have a driveway or garage, then you should generally use it to park your car.