I can't believe I paid $30.00 to get home in that cab

I always take the bus to walmart then the train home. The bus cost $1.75 and it was a pretty quick 40 minute ride. But this time I did not take my huge shopping cart. Listening to my brother and daughter say the cab would be only $20.00 Well I went shopping and the bill came to $143.00 I thought that was great for the bunch of food I bought. Then here comes that darn $27.00 to give the driver. I just gave him the $30.00 and went home. Now I have to go back to the bus going and the train coming back. The train is about $3.50 Is walmarts price worth the $30.00 cab ride? Would you have paid that?
@winterose (39929)
i could not afford 30.00 for a cab ride, I do not know how I would get home with all those bags.
you are always causing my bladder to get worse. You know I can't afford it either on SSI I thank goodness I am on to other things. Wink wink .. I would not have ever paid that if not for that. Now I am going back to do another big shopping. This time I plan to be loaded down with coupons. Plus I am going to call more than one cab company.
WOW! I can not imagine having to pay that everytime I go shopping.Is there someone you could borrow a car from? Or someone that could take you shopping? That is a lot of money and definitely adds up.
That was my first time taking the cab home. I was thinking it would be $20.00 and that was fine. But no I don't plan to make a habit of this. For the winter I will have to sacrifice it. But no not ever in the spring and summer. it's just too expensive to pay for food in my area. I still get more from walmart. :)
@kbourgerie (8775)
I actually have paid $50.00 for a cab ride before. I had to cash a check and couldn't find a suitable place to cash it, but had to perservere because I had to use part of the check to pay the driver. $30.00 or $50.00 is alot to spend on a cab, but sometimes you don't have any choice, but ouch it sure hurts.
Ouch is right I have to pay my phone bill. $281.00 lol :)
I think $30 for a cab ride is too much for me, but it really depends. If I am holding a lot of stuff and I have the money, I wouldn't mind, especially if the weather is crazy, then I would definitely go for a cab. But our cabs here are comparatively cheap and therefore, I usually take cabs home when it's really late and I don't want to run around on the streets.
nO, its not worth it in my opnion everything is expensive nowadays..
@crazed_moma (1054)
no, but I can't imagine not having a car! Is there no stores near by? I guess you have to consider if you will save enough to make the cab ride worth it.... MAybe get a bus there and a cab back since it's coming back you'll have a lot of stuff....
That is just what I did today. I was so pissed because the weather was not that bad to take the train. It's just embarrassing for my daughter. But she is the one I have wanting $75.00 sneakers. :)
lol kids love all the expensive stuff but not the sacrifices to get them.
@chrislotz (8207)
Well if I were you and spent that much money on groceries I would have taken a cab too. How would you take all those groceries home on the bus or train? How would you be able to carry them all? But in saying that, I wouldn't buy that much and then have to pay for a cab. The savings you may have made by shopping at walmart, would be less than the $30 for a cab. There prices aren't that good. I shop at walmart also, but I drive so I don't have the worry of carrying my groceries home, but If I had to I wouldn't shop there. Do you not have a store closer to home that you can shop at? Are they that expensive that it is worth it for you to go all the way to walmart? Or do you just like the outing, taking a bus and train?
The prices are better at walmart I normally take the bus and the train home. I have a extra large shopping cart. It has front wheels that turn around without you having to do anything. It carry s all my groceries with no problem. It was my brother and daughter who thought of it being easy to take the cab home. I have learned from this . I am still going to go to walmart and next time with coupons. Thanks
@Thoroughrob (11771)
That sounds awful to me, although we are a small town, and our taxi take you anywhere in town for $6.00. We don't have buses or any other public transpotation. I think you lost your savings paying for the cab.
No I was really far away from my house. I had to go to White plains I live in mount Vernon. That was over 6 towns a way. I will try to do it less often now. But in the winter it's not easy to push a cart in the cold. Plus walking to the train is far as well.
@cher913 (25895)
pretty much anywhere you live cabs are a pretty pricey way to travel. i generally take the bus to where i need to go, sure you have to wait, but its way cheaper (actually i ride the bus for free because i am considered to have limited mobility!)
I rode rode the bus free in Florida with my disability card. LOL What a good savings.
@jhl930 (3606)
Whenever I was out in tennessee on new years eve(goin to new years day)I actually had to pay a hundred dollars for a one way ride to the place I wanted to go and the man took me to the wrong place and dropped me off....and then he said that he wouldnt be able to pick me up at the end of the night so I had to call another cab and get them to come and get me and take me to the right place(which I had to pay him 30 dollars for a 10 min ride)and then had to pay the other man more money to take me back to the hotel that night!
are dont think that how much to pay think that how much to earn how we can increase our earnings do you want to earn more then contact me on amar.agarwal007@gmail.com
The only way I would pay $30 for a cab is if I was absolutely stranded. Cab rates are ridiculous and I think they should have flat fees. From where I live I could probably go to walmart 6 times before my car would cost $30 in gas. If a cab ride will cost me more than $10 I call a friend or rather I would have before I got my car and license.
@cripfemme (7719)
I wouldn't pay $30 for a cab to go Walmart, as I don't shop there for political reasons. But I did pay $42 to get to the Book Expo in LA so I can relate.
@Modestah (11195)
ouch, no - I probably would have gone without or paid a friend to take me instead. Did not used to be such an elitist thing to take a cab. that just irks me all the more that welfare recipients are entitled to a certain amount of cab fare provided... at least here they are.
i paid a lot more then that ..it was a hot day..and in july you take what you can when you are wanting to come home forty bucks? for forty mintues..//that is what you pay at a average message parlour even more for the docotr
Well, No offence but im no fan of Wal-Mart. They use sweat shop labor. But about 3$ is a big difference to 30$. It all depends HOW good compared to everywhere else the Walmart prices are. Lets say it was 10% cheaper than everywhere else and you spent 100$, That would equal 10$ savings. There for when you took the cab you'd be losing about 27$, 27-10 =17 so that would mean that you would be losing 17$ when you wen't there compared to other stores, AND you wouldn't be supporting sweatshop labor.
@lingli_78 (12852)
the cab fare is definitely expensive and it is not worth it... even here in australia, the fare is really killing... i had taken a cab before from the airport back to my home because i have no choice... nobody can pick me up from the airport... it costs me more than $90.00... it really hurts but i can't avoid it... fortunately, i don't have to do it too often... nowadays, if i go anywhere, i just take a train and it will cost me $10.00 for a daily ticket to go to the city...
@jpso138 (7844)
Its hard to compare from my end since we have different denomination but I do believe that our cab rate here is expensive. Here in our country the flag down rate is around P25 or P30. In most cases from the point of pick up to your destination let say assuming 10 kilometers, the most likely amount we will be paying is around P85 fo P100. For us that is very expensive already that is why people usually take the cabe when they are in much of a hurry of when they have plenty of money. It is much cheaper to ride in a jeepney which is our usual mode of public transportation but it would take more time since they have a standard route to travel.