How long would you wait?

@katkah (235)
If your love has to go away for a long time- how long would you wait for them? Sure people SAY they will wait, but many times it isn't the case. I can't tell you how many stories I've heard of military wifes or girlfriends cheating on their men who are away at war because they are over there for 12 to 16 months at a time & the women just can't wait for them anymore.... So, how long would you wait? Be honest!
@kamran12 (5555)
• Pakistan
Hello katkah, Welcome to mylot, I hope that you have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy your stay here!:-) Military man's life is a tough life as is his family's life. There is no denying about it. I would submit that my understanding of 'love' is that there are no ifs and buts in it. There is no question of how long in this relationship. Perhaps I am a weird person. But, for a person on combat missions, I would assume that the greatest support is from partner. I,...I am married and now in fourth year. For the most part of our marriage we have lived separate in two different countries. Right after marriage, I waited for my partner for more than 4 months, then we lived together for two months, then separated again for 9 months, then lived together for 1 month, then separated for 2 months, then joined for 8 months and then separated for around 11 months now. So, out of around 37 months of marriage, we remained separate for 26 months. Neither my partner nor I ever touched or will ever touch any other body. That's a committment that I'll honor!
@katkah (235)
wow! that's awesome! My man and I haven't had to go through that much yet because he's still in training. I did tell him that he had to marry me before he went to war though...lol It's nice to know there are others out there who think like me & my man though. Too many people just give up I think.
@kamran12 (5555)
• Pakistan
I wish you all happiness in life, katkah!:-)
@Chey1970 (1193)
Ok, to be honest.. I wouldn't want to be in the situation where the man I LOVE would have to leave for months/years at a time. I know who you fall in love with isn't always what you planned it to be, sometimes life throws us curve balls, and we have to take what we are dealt. With that said, if it was TRUE LOVE, and you are totally in love with this person the wait would be hard but it can be done and with being totally committed to them. no one else should be able to take their place. Like the saying goes, "absence makes the heart grow fonder"..
@katkah (235)
Thanks Chey. Pvt Hunter called me the onther night and we both ended up crying because we miss one another so much! See you over at Yuwie!
I can't say for how long. As long as we stay in love and we don't lack of any communication, I am willing to wait. Good things need waiting and I am a firm believer of that. I think as long as we love each other from the bottom of our hearts, it's worth waiting. It's hard to find "the other half" and I would be persistent if I have to!
@katkah (235)
good things are worth waiting for, you're right there. and true love is just about the best thing there is. thanks for your response.
@jhl930 (3605)
I have also heard stories like that before and to be honest(you said to be honest so i am going to be honest)if I really did love the woman that was away I know that alot of people wouldnt believe this but I really would wait ever how long it took...because whenever you really love someone you can't just get up one day and say hmmm well thats been enough time...I really do think that if you love someone you coudl wait as long as it took because you know that they will come back and thats just a part of love...giving whatever it takes to make it work!
@katkah (235)
Great answer! I agree with you 100% Mt boyfriend is in basic training right now and he's off to AIT soon, when it's all said and done we'll have been apart for over 6 months without visits. But I love him with all my heart and I'm ready & willing to endure whatever the military puts us through. He never has to worry about losing me.
@moneyandgc (3430)
Both my husband and my brother are military. My brother is married with two children and is serving 18 months in Iraq right now. I have no doubt that they will wait for each other. My husband has only been away from us for 4 month time periods so far and it isn't fun, but I would wait for as long as it takes.
I'm not sure I could wait that long to be honest. I mean, I'd wait awhile, but if they don't find a way back, then I really don't think I could put up not seeing them. I'd always be worried about whether or not they were messing around with someone behind my back, and that is no way to live your life, constantly worried about what they are doing because you really don't know. They could be doing anything. After awhile, I think I'd have to end it. I'd be more understanding of someone in the military. They're there for a reason and cheating, especially with all of this conflict going on, probably cannot happen a lot. But if I had any doubt, I'd end it.