While talking to people are you see others listensing in

Do you find that to be rude? Do you feel they should not be listening to your conversation? I was on the bus yesterday going to walmart.:) And my daughter was on her cell phone. I told her to be more quiet. She was not loud but still others could be bothered by this. My neighbor to my right was on her phone. I heard all about her grandmother falling on the floor. Her being on her way to work. etc. But she was talking very low. I am sure I was not listening in on her. I was just next to her. My daughter gets a beep it's for me. So then my friend and I were talking about my surgery. So I stood up and talked to my friend very low. So no one could hear me. But,I feel people think others are being nosy. But,dont you find that when in a conversation if your being loud enough to be heard by others. They have the right to just sit and hear your business?
@Thoroughrob (11750)
When sitting next to someone, I don't think it is an issue of listening in, it is just the opposite, you can't help but listen in. Not like I want to know the person beside me's business. If they want it to be a personal conversation, do it somewhere privately, not in public.
I can't say it any better than this. Thanks for responding to my post. Have a great day.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
I feel that, first of all it is very annoying to have to hear a persons conversation in public. My cell phone is for emergencies or calling long distance. If I want to chit chat a long time, I wait until I am at home. I will never get use to people talking on cell phones in public places. Home is also the perfect place to be if you don't want anyone listening to your conversations. I am not so interested in any strangers conversation, that I would just sit and listen to it. I would more than likely want them to shut up. If the only time that a person can talk to their friends and family is in public, they need to rearrange some of their priorities.
Great on your part. Thanks for the understanding :
@rachy577 (100)
If I'm sitting on the bus, and I can half hear somebody talking on their mobile, I do try and strain my ear in the most subtle way I can. I realise that it's nosy, but it's not out of any maliciousness, just pure interest in other people! Of course, it would then have to work as a two-way street, e.g. I would have to be perfectly okay with somebody else trying to listen in on my conversation. I don't think I would really like that feeling, something of an invasion of my privacy...so my answer I guess is a bit paradoxical!
Wow! You would strain to hear then. I guess your curios as well as others. :)
@chrislotz (8203)
How can a person not hear, even if talking softly. I don't like to talk on my cell phone if I am in the public. I don't want people to hear me talking, not that I have anything to hide, I am just a very private person. I don't mind talking here in mylot, though, because no one here sees me or knows who I really am. I listen to other people talking on their cell phones, sometimes. When the person is right beside you it is hard to block them out. I don't think I'm being rude because if the person didn't want people to hear, they shouldn't talk around people.
@SViswan (12071)
I'm usually very embarrassed when I can hear others' conversations without trying to. I don't want to listen in but I can't help hearing, can I? Unless I close my ears and I don't want to do that just because someone else wants to be loud! I often hang up when a friend calls and I'm at a place where I can be heard even if I talk in a low tone. I say I'll call back later...because I'm at such and such a place and can't talk.
@moneyandgc (3430)
I have heard so many people's "private" phone conversations in public. I hear people talking everywhere! People are so loud on their cell phones that even if you are trying not to listen, you can't help but hear. If I am in public and someone calls me, I either expect someone to be listening to my conversation or if at all possible I go somewhere that I can talk somewhat privately. Your last question was, Do they have the right to just sit and hear your business? My short answer is yes they do. I am surely not going to be the one to get up because someone else decided to have a private discussion in public, that is up to the person on the phone to do.
@winterose (39918)
although I do not intentionally listen sometimes people are just so loud. I was on the bus once and this girl was talking so loud then she yelled at a women on the bus for listening, the woman responded I am not the only one who hears your conversation everyone on the bus does, if you wanted it private why didn't you talk softly to your friend instead of shouting it out loud enough for everyone to hear whether they wanted to or not.
@jsmith12 (438)
I don't think people should talk about private things in cells in public. It's not easy to ignore a conversation even if you want to. Especially if the person is loud, or nearby. I'm not sure what it is about cells, but the moment someone's on them they seem to think that the rest of the world can ignore them. Or SHOULD ignore them. It doesn't work that way. If someone's on a cell in public, you're gonna be overheard, no matter what you do. Don't like it? Don't talk on the cell in public. I think too many people use them just because they can, and they get away with murder for it.