I was gone for most of today. I went to my friends house.

We had pland for her to perm my hair today. Anyway she cooked dinner and we ate. A while later my stomach was breaking down. I sadi girl your going to hate me in a few minutes. I got up to go to her rest room. She said wait girl.. wait a minute. I then said what for she said to sprinke some tide in the toilet bowl. I laughed and thought she was crazy. Well my dear friends. Taht bowl would have been mad at me but it wasn't. That was a great idea of hers. I had never heard of doing that. When I was done there was no sign of it. I loved the idea so much. I am going to buy a bucket just to keep over my toilet for those moments of.... That bowl cleaned itself and freshens the rest room. Do you think it's a great idea?
That is an awsome idea!!! I will remaember that for my kids and their friends.
it makes a lot of sense now. Thanks.
Your very welcome. :)
@newfette (340)
I never heard of putting tide, or any laundry detergent, into the toilet before a poop. What is the purpose of it? I know it would make things smell good I suppose, but why not just use toilet bowl cleaner? Or the blue thing you attach to the side? (or put in the tank)
I would have to ask her that one. I do know I don't like using them for my toilet. It mostly because they don't remind me to change them..
@lilybug (21148)
It never would have occurred to me to use Tide in the toilet bowl. Interesting! I may need to buy some powdered Tide and try that out sometime.
Yes I should have known that one. I use tide to whiten my tub and its awesome for that/ :)
don't know if you are pulling my leg or not, but i am going to try it. thanks
Even with the crazy mind that I live with. I would not be pulling your leg. Try it for yurself. I tld her I was going to ut that here. You know she said she has done that for years. I found it very interesting. So I plan to have the soap sitting in my bowl. Just for the cleaning of the bowl period. I do hope you tell me how it worked for you. I have no powder detergent right now. Plus I let go of a bomb and would hav ebeen shamed if I left her house smelly. She has a very small apt. And bathroom. LOL Your so funny you know :)
@shymurl (2768)
Wow I have never heard of that. I'm going to have to try that. You just put in a scoop of Tide in it before you, or just anytime??
Sheputs it in the bowl before people do nunber 2. I would think anytime would be fine.. I have a cat so I can't do that. But dear I can now drink milk and secure my toilets safety. :)
@Polly1 (12648)
That is a good idea, specially if you have the time before doing the deed.
@chrislotz (8203)
Wow I think that is a fantastic idea, if it works. I believe you that it works so I am going to try it too. I have never heard of this before. I wonder if it has to be Tide or if any laundry detergent would work. Why not. I clean houses for a living and I have never heard of this before. But I guess this wouldn't have anything to do with cleaning houses. I wonder if it helps with the smell while doing your business.
@whittby (3073)
Well, this sounds like a good idea. A certain person in this household sure makes a mess. I think instead of Tide, I'll get the generic kind - cheap of me, but I can't see using the good stuff. I'm sure it will work well. ..Whit
@GhostCat (313)
I have never heard of using Tide this way, but I am going to try it. I do not like any of the toilet bowel cleaners and they do not leave they do not leave my bathroom smelling clean. I may try using the Listerine as well. I guess I have just never thought of either of these.
@marciascott (25554)
I never heard of that, One Mylotter said they put listerine in the toliet bowl, it makes the bathroom smell good plus it kills germs, I use any kind of mouth wash if I don't use Listerine I go to the dollar store.