Simple Ice Sculpyure

Cool Ice Sculpture - From a local Coffee Shop near my wifes work
@webeishere (36353)
There's a coffee shop near my wifes work that we pass each night. it is grequented by a lot of the students from The Minnesota Institute of Arts and Design that's a few miles away. they have done some art work all over the sidewalk and from walk and the stores general area with various art pieces made from ice and snow with color dye added to some. This block is about 12 inches thick and 3 feet tall. I love the look of this type of art. not fancy but simple yet nice to see. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@goodsign (2287)
Hi Grandpa Bob. Your right saying for that ice sculpture(rated), Grandpa Bob. That's true, it is very simple stuff but at high effable value by viewers with different moral of explanations and tones. Actually something that should be emphasized by any local authority to increase the number of local visitors to any eatery outlet. At least there is an artistic element to watch. Encouraging 'Wall Artist' and 'Mural Artist' are an interesting thing to have in any local authority area. Thanks for providing good subject of discussion and I like it very much, especially about nature and natural life. Happy Postings and Earnings, Grandpa Bob. HAPPY DAPPY.
@webeishere (36353)
It is a pleasant sight when one drives past this coffee shop. Especially at night as the street lights send a glow over the ice pieces causing a beautiful glow at times. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@goodsign (2287)
Thanks Grandpa Bob for your further explanation. I appreciate it very much. HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR - FEBRUARY 7, 2008.
@mummymo (23707)
Wow that is amazing AGB - simply stunning - it seems all the more amazing that the students put so much work into something that is only ever going to be a temporary piece but thank goodness they do - it is awesome! xxx
@webeishere (36353)
It's cold enough here that they last awhile. HAHAHAHA! Thanks. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Pretty cool it looks like it might have been made with a chair saw. We are too warm in CA to have such nice art work here.
@webeishere (36353)
I would guess a chainsaw was usedf. Otherwise it would have taken forever to make this with an artists utility knife. HAHAHA! Thanks. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@mamasan34 (6521)
It seems to be quite abstract. It is pretty cool! I like it. Makes you think. It seems like your community really does make an effort to be united in the arts there.
@webeishere (36353)
Minneapolis is a very artsy city actually. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@jennybianca (12914)
Is it meant to represent anything in particular? I looked at your photo & it's hard to tell. We have this kind of "unique" sculpture outside our Entertainment Centre, only it's made of some solid material. No ice here for us. In summer people make amazing sand scultpures on the beach.
@webeishere (36353)
Ice Sculpture - Same piece from a different angle though
Nothing at all in particulaur I'd say. Here's another angle of yjis same piece. In the summer we have waht's billed as "The ten best days of Summer." It's called the Minneapolis Aquatenial. It's a celebration of the many lakes here. They have a huge sand castle making contest and a lot of pros show up. Some very ornate castles to say the least. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@webeishere (36353)
As far as your comment on the photo people actually buy very large blocks of ice for this type of art work. HAPPY POSTIMNGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!`
@someonesmom (5765)
Hi Grandpa Bob, What a beautiful photo, and such creativity by these students. The only ice sculptures I've ever actually seen, were when I was on a cruise, many years ago. They had them featured at all of their buffets.
@webeishere (36353)
At Mystic Lake Casino that we go to their buffet has maybe 4 or 5 ice sculptures at theirs as well. Those are always beautiful to see also. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@novataylor (6572)
I absolutely love sculpture and this one is beautiful. It looks so ethereal. Thanks so much for sharing it - made my day!
@Mickie30 (2633)
What would you like to make a discussion out of? It is interesting about the ice sculpture, but not really a discussion question. Thanks for letting us know about this sculpture though.
@webeishere (36353)
I apologize for not asking any questions. First off have you seen any type of ice sculptures in your area? Are or were they done by pros or students etc? Do you like art work of this type? Do you live in an area where they have a winter festival with snow and or ice sculptures? Do you enjoy any typwe of art work along the lines of sculptures be it ice, snow, sand castles etc? I'll be awaiting your replies soon. Thanks and sorry once again. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~ 0_0
@Mickie30 (2633)
Hi it's fine I hope you didn't think I was having a go at you I just didn't know how to answer although I enjoyed very much reading your post. I have never seen ice sculptures in my area. I live in Britain I don't think there is anything like this here. I wish there was. I would love to see some. I do love all art work and would love to see ice sculptures arts of all kinds interest me very much. I have never been to a winter festival with snow or ice sculptures, but if there was one in my area I would jump at the chance of going it must be a lot of fun and entertaining. It is fascinating that people can make art by ice sculpting. I have done pottery a while ago and enjoyed that. I do love art and am quite creative myself, but when I try to draw or paint I am not very good at it. I am always marvelled by people who are good at art. Thanks for responding to my post and I hope I didn't upset you in any way.
@webeishere (36353)
I am not artistic nor very creative. So I rely on the local art students for this. Hahahaha! Thanks. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~