Let the baby go hungry?

@addysmum (1225)
I am having one of those days today that makes me work hard at being nice to others. I mean really hard. I went to Wal-Mart for baby formula yesterday and the kind I use is not in stock (my son uses the Parents Choice a brand specific to Wal-Mart), so I asked for help to find out if there was any in store or on the way. The woman helping me and I use that word very loosely was a big @#@$%. When it was clear that none was in the store and none on the way I ask how we were going to solve the problem. The woman responded with buy more then one can at a time (I buy 3 thank you very much). So in comes her manager at my request, she finds some in the next town North of me. Ok, so when I get home not happy that I have to go over an hour out of my way but for babes anything; my husband says we have enough for the night and Monday and he will get some when he is South of us for work. Well he calls and says there is none where he is and that store can only find some in a town on the mainland and the earliest it can be here is 4 days. Now he has my car as his is down for repairs and I have no food for baby so I call my local store and talk to the store manager "what is Wal-Mart going to do it fix this problem" his response buy something else. Ya, and is he going to deal with baby who is sick from a sudden food change. Now I am mad, I say no he is going to get on the phone get some from the North store sent by carrier to his store on a Hot-Shot. He has never heard of this term (it means rush delivery) and Wal-Mart doesn't deal with Carrier companies. I say well Wal-Mart does now, it is not my fault and not his fault that the warehouse is out but baby needs to eat and can't wait for a inter-store transfer so get the food and get it now. Ok, he says; he calls me back, he has my food (thank you) it is on an employees car on the way down after the employees shift. Great, I can't thank this man enough what time am I expecting to be able to pick this food up, 9 PM, darn. I am happy that he has done it and got the food I need, he is even bringing in extra and will hold it for me in back so I know that the food is there until the warehouse is restocked and the store is finished moving to it's new location but 9 PM is well frankly it sucks, I am normally on my way to bed not just heading out for food for the baby. Well as the saying goes beggars can't be choosers, he did find some and get it here so baby doesn't go hungry and for that I am very thankful. While I am angry that it has come to this which is a problem with head office not my local store my local store manager has gone well above and beyond on this one for a little guy that is only 7 months old and for that he has my eternal thanks, as for his employee she is still a @#$^%& and I got her a "talking to about customer service and how to talk to costumers".
@gabs8513 (48715)
Oh dear that is bad But I am glad that it got sorted in the end even though it should not have come to all this As for the Employee lol well I think she better stay out of your way for a while
@addysmum (1225)
Thanks Gabs, the most frustrating thing for me is over the last several months I have worked so very hard at improving my out look on life, people and myself. Over the last couple of days I have slipped and got very angry and very snippy with others yet again. So much work all undone over several cans of baby formula. It took hours last night of meditation and prayer to get my mind set back to where I wanted it to be. I regret letting mama bear out of the cage again but I have a hard time containing myself when someone acts the way that employee did and when my children are in question. Well I will just have to do something in the community to recover from my regression.
@pastorkayte (2255)
That sounds like an aweful lot of work for something that could have been done at your childs doctor he would have told you what formula to change too, and once you got it your child would have been fine.
@addysmum (1225)
Ya, that would have worked a lot better for me. Would have been great if it wasn't for the fact that baby is a preemie and is still under specialist care and what do you know the doc is away all week on holiday and any of his patients are being sent to emergency and we don't qualify as an emergency. My doctor will only see him in office and I don't have a car right now due to husband using it and my doctor is a half hour drive away with no bus service to the area. Yep, this whole thing is just one big mess and one that I will not let happen again. First I am getting him in with my regular doctor as well as his specialist, second I will never get to just a day or two of food before I get more, and third if I go for food and there isn't any I will drive that day to get more and not wait to see if hubby gets it. Lesson learned. I should also say here that I just spoke to the manager and the food is in already, they had it sent by carrier after all. Again, I can't thank that manager enough for his help in this; just not the way I wanted things to go today and to top it off I am coming down with the flu. YAAAAAA, happy mommy I am not. Thank you for your response by the way.