It's the thought that counts when giving and getting a gift Right?

Ok now I have a few things I am wondering about. I would like to say I am very grateful for any gifts people have given me. But still on the buying end I am a bit unclear. Now If you were in a relationship with a person. Say three years and going strong. This person buys all of your needs. I mean fitness machines,tv's,food,pays your rent,lights,cables etc. Now you and them don't live together yet. You stay with them a day or two. but she goes to your place a month at a time. Your also getting an fix income every month from this person straight to a separate bank acct. Would you buy them a gift from the dollar store? $4.00 total junk..Don't get me wrong dollar tree has the best items for a dollar. I mean a real dollar store. Where the items are straight junk. And buy them a card and a red bear sitting on a heart and some flimsy handcuffs? I can't find that the proper thing to do. I am going to offer my friend $25.00 today to buy her main girl friend a good gift. I just don't want her to swindle it to buy both her lovers a gift from it.
Well since one person is helping the other with lal their expenses like that, and gives them such great stuff I think that they deserve something a little nicer. I agree that the dollar store can have great stuff, but I don't think it is proper in this situation. They can get the cute litte bear along with something else. I am going to send you a message with a great site I think your friend might like. You can get lots of cool stuff for cheap prices! The shipping can be a bit much, but with the amount you sagve on the product(s) it is still cheaper than you would pay in any store!
I will check the site out. :)
I'll send you a message with a link to the site! I hope you like it as much as I do! I'm addicted to it =P lol thanks for the best response! :)
@bowtieguy (5931)
That is just something we say to spare the gift givers feelings. Though should be involved and unless dollar store presents are all you can afforid and the reciver is aware of that then I would shop elsewhere.
@alexsis (2149)
Some people don't see it that way, but I do. To me it is really not about gift giving. But since this person is treating the other person well, I would at least buy them something that doesn't look like junk. Wal-mart has alot of nice gifts at reasonable price.