Do you commute?

@Modestah (11192)
do you (or your spouse) have to commute to work? How long does it take you to get there? How do you travel to work? (private vehicle, taxi, bus, bike, walk, train)
@joyce959 (1562)
Yes, I do commute to reach the office where I work. I have 3 short rides - tricycle, bus or van and jeepney. The time spent on travelling depends when its traffic or not. When there's no traffic, it takes around 30-40 minutes, but when its heavy traffic, it takes more than one hour. When hubby is here on vacation from overseas work, he drives and fetch me to and from the office sometimes. I rely on him to drive our car, coz I am afraid to drive the car in the city. What about you?
@Modestah (11192)
I do not have employment but do a lot of driving of our private vehicle being like a taxi for the kids from here to there and back again.
@sacmom (14315)
Yes, my husband commutes to work. As he builds homes for a living his job takes him different places. Sometimes the commute is close (the closest is 10 miles away), sometimes it is further, the furthest being 100+ miles, though that could always change. For those longer commutes it could take him up to 3 hours one way, when the traffic is congested. As he uses his own tools (and several of them at that), it is only practical that he drives his own truck to work. Could you imagine someone in construction trying to carry a load of power tools and the like while walking or riding a bike? Wouldn't that be a scary sight! :P LOL
@crazynurse (7489)
I live in a very small town and I live in the city limits of that small town therefore I do not have a very large commute! I drive 5 miles to work (one way) as does hubby. Those that live out in the country in my area do have quite a commute. I have students who drive upwards of 50 miles (one way) to come to class. Hubby and I drive our cars to work and carpool whenever we can, but it is hard to carpool since I have to leave the college and go to the hospital for clinicals and stuff.
@jillhill (37384)
I commute to work...it takes me five minutes and I go by my own car! Quick and easy! LOL
@byfaithonly (10716)
Well, I don't have a spouse so guess it's up to me. Yep I commute every single day - from my bed to my chair or from my bed to the studio. First one is about 10 feet (where my computer is) second one is further but since it's been cold I haven't been working out there - that's about 100 yards from the door. LOL - I sure do feel bad for people who honestly do have to travel long distances to work and back.