Business Days vs. Calendar Days

When you're trying to make money on the internet, the term "Business Days" can make alot of difference in when you actually get paid. There are quite a few get paid sites that include the term "business days" instead of "calendar days" in their terms as it applies to you getting paid. In some cases, 30 "Business Days" can actually wind up being closer to 60 "calendar days". What does this mean? It usually means that they will only count the days that fall between Monday thru Friday unless that is a holiday. Have you noticed how many "holidays" or "special days" there are listed on your calendar for February? Does anyone have any insight as to whether the get paid sites count each of these "special days" as a "holiday" or if they're only counting the more traditionally observed "Banking holidays"?
@BarBaraPrz (21327)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Well, up until this year, there were no holidays in February in Canada, but the government decided to declare my birthday a national holiday... I think they're calling it Family Day or Heritage Day or something like that. And I just noticed today over at GGMails a ticker advising members that they'll be taking it easy for the next few days on account of Chinese New Year...
LOL, guess it didn't make it in time for my calendar to be printed. Happy Birthday in advance, I hope, if not, Happy Belated Birthday instead. :)
@BarBaraPrz (21327)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Thanks for the BR. This year (2010) Family Day falls on the day after Valentine's, not on my birthday at all! (Which, btw, isn't for another week, so you're not late. Thanks for that, too.)
@plumwish07 (4059)
dear paidreader, it would be so much different meaning between calendar days and business days. as like commonly business day, it would take 5 days in calendar days which usually from monday to friday but if there is holiday between monday to friday, business day would be no longer being 5 days in calendar days anymore. thats why if there is a program which saying would give the payment in business days, you should be patient caused it would definetely different with calendar days. in fact, it would be longer than calendar days.