strange dreams

@Trace86 (5033)
Let me preface this with the fact that I was a preschool/kindergarten teacher before I became a nurse. I really loved story time. Last night I had the strangest dream. I dreamt that I was the main character in "Stone Soup" This is the story of a beggar who comes to a town and they won't give him food. So he asks for a pot and a ladle so he can make stone soup. He makes a big production of it and they all come out to see. Slowly, he keeps telling them it is delicious but would be so much better if he had all these ingredients. The townspeople go one by one and eventually give him everything to make the perfect pot of soup. He shares his stone soup with the whole town. I think I had this dream because I was planning on making chicken noodle soup for dinner today. What kind of strange dreams have you had that were influenced by things in your life only twisted slightly?
• Pakistan
Dreams are some times goood and it make a pleasant affact at the us but some times we become frightend of them and remain builky because of these. And some times we have some dreams but we are unable to remember them and it is the case whcih is often to me. Muhammad Atif atifshahzad1@yahoo.com
@drannhh (15240)
That is a great story. Well, I haven't had any dreams about myLot or my myLot friends yet! But let's see. I have a lot of dreams where I am driving a car, but then the road goes underwater, or up into the sky or it just stops. One time when we were traveling we went through some little town and I guess I felt like stopping and looking around but hubby didn't, so a couple weeks after we got home I was dreaming that we were driving through that same town but this time it was between two mountains way far away from any other towns and we did stop there, but the people were totally strange. They looked like real people, but they didn't act right. So we got back into the car and drove further on and the second mountain became an impass so we got out and walked to the other side and down into what I guess they call a parallel universe. There the people were normal, but they never heard of that town or any other town that we knew and they didn't recognize our money. I dreamed that someone let us stay in a room sort of like a motel on credit if we would teach music in their school. What is stranger yet is that neither hubby nor I know much of anything at all about music, and certainly not enough to give lessons. But in dreams you can do anything, so there we were giving violin lessons to high school kids every day and wondering if we'd ever get home. Is that strange enough?
@lucy02 (5017)
I loved that story when I was little. Most of my dreams don't make any sense. I often have one in which I am back in school and unprepared for my tests or keep forgetting to go to class. Maybe its because I worry about my failing memory, lol.
i've always had very strange dreams, ever since i was a little kid. lately i've noticed if i've been watching a tv show or reading a book before i go to bed i'll wind up dreaming some sort of bizarro continuation of the story. like the other night i dreamed i was a part of some sort of super strange battlestar galactica spin off. last night i had a dream about an upcoming big project i have going on at work - but again, it was way way more than slightly twisted.
My dreams tend to be random and unrelated to anything I'm thinking or worrying about at the time they appear. Example: My most recent weird dream was one where I dreamed that a friend of mine had killed my ex. (The friend being one that we had mutually shared for the duration of the relationship, but we both lost touch with.) Now, in the dream this former friend was contacting me, trying to get me to help him get rid of the body. I, thinking that somehow I was going to go for prison for being associated, even if I did turn him in, (and of course not really wanting to be the one to turn him in, because he had been a good friend up until we lost track of one another.) decided to come up with ways to hide the body. They were all pretty terrible and gruesome, but before I came up with anything I woke up. Terrified that I was going to jail for murder. It took me a few minutes to realize that it had been a dream. That morning when I got up and checked my e-mail, I had a message from the ex. This guy was one that I had split with on terrible terms. He was a jerk and I called him on it. He didn't care about anything I wanted, and at the time was convinced that I was a terrible girlfriend. Well, this e-mail from him was apologizing for his bad behavior, and explaining that he had 'seen the light' so to speak. He saw that his abusive tendencies were the cause of our break up and that I had not really given him any reason to complain. It was good to get the e-mail, but it was such strange timing! Needless to say I'm still a bit confused about my subconscious, and how it picked up on..whatever it did. (Up until this dream and this e-mail, he hadn't been in my thoughts or my dreams or anything, we hadn't kept in touch.)
@crazynurse (7489)
Hmmm. I suppose the fact that I often drive on a road that is beside a river and I have a horrific fear of my car plunging into that river might be the basis for my recurring bad dream. I keep dreaming that I am in our dishwasher looking out (in the dream there is a window in the door of the dishwasher like that on many ovens)and can't get out of the dishwasher. In this dream I can see family members moving about in the kitchen but they seem to be unable to hear me or see me trying to get their attention. This dream really is horrible and I startle awake, often in a full sweat (which makes me feel as though I really was in some water!) and near tears!
@Trace86 (5033)
Usually, if I dream of anything having to do with water or getting wet, it means that I need to get up and go to the bathroom! This sounds like a truly frightening dream. Additionally because I am a bit nervous in confined spaces.