Kids selling candy outside of Target

I went shopping at target and tjmax. There were tow boys in front of the stores. They were well behaved and were doing no on any harm. They were in fact next to the store more than in front of it. They had boxes of candy and selling for $1.00 for the football team. The store rental cop chased the kids from the area. I was in shock as another customer was as well. I could not believe those kids were doing no one any harm and chased away. The woman was shaking here head and said how they should not do that. I could not help but to open my mouth. I said to the cop. Your sending kids away who are selling candy. They are not selling drugs and they get chased away. Now how are they going to feel about doing something good for a change. I told that man he could lose customers by people seeing things like that. Then he just walked in the store and left the other kids alone. But in front of T j max up stairs is where I first saw two of them and bought a candy. they were left alone.
@bowtieguy (5927)
The may have been well behaved but they were taking bisnuess form the store, and any manager reserves the right to ask solicitors to leave. I bet the kids didn't even have permission to sell their candy there or the cop would have had to chase them off.
Yes your right one with that one. They could have been told nicely to go a corner away or something. I can understand that I would not want my neighbor to sell koolaid purse's next door me. But,here you have kids who are raising money for a football team. They could have handles it better. Thanks :)
I don't see how they were really taking business away from the store. When people go to Target, its probably not specifically to buy a candy bar! ANd when people do buy candy from kids in front of stores, its usually an impulse buy made to help out the kids' team or band or whatever. They don't walk up saying, "Oh, well I was going to buy my M&M's inside the store, but now I can just buy them here outside the store, for twice as much!"
@carmelanirel (20979)
Good for you gifts, for telling that cop off and for buying from the kids.. These sells, help pay for them to play sports and it isn't as easy as some think it is..
Thanks so much it's not often people speak up for others. :)+
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
It was really mean of that rent-a-cop to do that to those boys. But, somebody could have told him to chase them off. Or he could have been on a power trip. Who knows, some people are just mean. I would have enjoyed watching the kids selling the candy. When I was little, I use to try and sell candy, but I was too shy.
I sold candy as well. I went door to door and most of it sold out of area. It was nice and we got our graduation money that way. :)+
Target has a very strict policy against pandering. They do not allow any organizations to request money from target customers, not even the salvation army at xmas time. It has been like this for a few years now.
Thanks for letting me know his. I am still not feeling great about that. :)+
I bet is was more about competition with target. The boys were selling candy and so does Target. Know what I mean? It was rude though. I would not have chased them away. They were not bother the customers by approaching them, right? I don't see anything wrong with just sitting there. As long as they weren't bothering anyone. Or harrassing people about buying their candy.
@Samanthavv (1386)
That's terrible. I have no problem with people selling things outside of or inside of stores. The only thing that bothers me is when they come up to you and ask you "Would you like to buy a candy?" I always prefer they just have a sign or something, because I feel like I'm being put on the spot. And although the majority of the time they are doing it for a good cause, I don't always have the money to buy things or donate money and it makes me feel like I'm being mean by telling these kids no. Perhaps if they stuck to just having a table with a sign, I'd be totally okay with it, but other than that I have no problems with it.
Target, thankfully doesn't not allow any solicitors, that includes anyone that is trying to stand out front of their stores selling anything to anyone, from doing so. It's distracting and quite frankly not what I came shopping for. I hate being hounded by anyone asking for money for things when I have other things to do. Some people just don't listen.
@carolbee (16241)
I don't see anything wrong with selling candy in front of stores but in our area one has to get permission from the store manager before selling. Maybe this is why the manager or employee chased the boys away. I think fundraising is good. Our girls participated in fundraising for their softball teams, they were able to travel as a result and went to college exposure tournaments. Our youngest daughter was able to get a four year college scholarship as a result. I'm all for fundraising.