How many times do you go on a vacation in a year?

@nishdan01 (3055)
Singapore
Do you go on a vacation? Do you fix the amount of money you are willing to spend? How many times do you go on a vacation? Any money saving tips, if you know.
@jhl930 (3605)
I think that we went on vacation about five or six times last year...mind you a few of those times were only for a day or two or something like that...but we spent around a thousand dollars on a few occasions which isnt bad since we went for like three or four days because you have the eating out the rental car the hotel rooms and all of that...I mean that could be more expensive and if you rent earlier in the year(like if your going in may try getting a room and stuff in april)that would be cheaper!
@nishdan01 (3055)
You are right. High gas prices can make vacation a costlier one. Earlier booking can make vacation a cheaper one.
@soccermom (3200)
What is a vacation? LOL We can never seem to afford a vacation, but we do take day trips into Brookfield Zoo and stuff like that. Plus we have the annual "girls only getaway" to the Wisconsin Dells that my mom pays for. Just me and my kids, my mom and my sister go. It's a lot of fun. I've been thinking of asking my Grandma if we could "borrow" her condo in Florida for a week over the summer and drive down. It's right on the beach and she is a snowbird so it sits empty. But gas prices are ridiculous, and kids don't have the same appreciation for bumming around on the beach all week like us adults do.
@nishdan01 (3055)
For staying, choose International youth hostels. They are really cheap.