Have you taken up a new interest lately?

Is there something you have found yourself getting more interested in lately? Have you discovered you are passionate about something you didn't even know you enjoyed? Or did you put aside a hobby, but recently discovered the joy it brings you again?
@pyewacket (44037)
Oh my goodness if I find anymore things to spark my interest, I'll need 80 hours in a day, rather than just 60 hours...LOL. I really wish I did have more time for everything...one thing that has been on the back burner for ages is playing my guitar...back in high school and college I played guitar a lot, I even used to have an electric guitar and envisioned myself as a cool rock star...heheee Well alas my folk guitar is hanging up on the wall and collecting dust, but I do vow that somehow to find time to get back into playing it again...now if I can just juggle my time for my photo work, writing articles, writing short stories, painting, doing crafts ....no problem..LOL
With your talents, your interests, and your grace, it's a wonder why you aren't a millionare. Hey, are you like Phoebe on 'Friends' except not as flighty? The guitar, the painting, hmmm...
@pyewacket (44037)
As for why I'm not a millionaire yet...I'm working on it, I'm working on it...LOL. Oh, I don't know...I can be a bit flighty at times..and uh, vague...hehee
You nut. : )
I have rediscovered an old hobby of mine ...crocheting. I do not like to watch television without keeping my hand busy so I started that hobby back up again during my "soaps" time.
I wish I could crochet. It's becoming a lost art.
Well, I am more and more and interested in mylot lately.
And that is a fun hobby, when you can really get into this site. It really becomes some enjoyable, but also profitable.
Hi,there,AmbeiPam, Yeah,I have found that I am more interested in cooking as nowadays we are busy prepared with our chinese NewYear and my mother have a lot of work to do so I have to help her do some cooking ..in this process the more I found myself involved in the cooking the more I will like cooking..... I don't know whether I like cooking or not in the previous years but the only thing I know is that I fond of it now.... Tonight it marks the end of our hard work because we have already well prepared for it,Tonight is NewYear's eve... Happy chinese New Year..;-) Molly:-)
Oh that IS exciting! Did you guys have a good time? What did you cook?
Yeah,we have but it is a pity that my father was not company with us due to the work he had done... We had some dumplings and several chinese dishes .It is a tradition that we have to eat the dumplings in the morning of the New Year's day because the shape of the dumplings like an odd-shaped gold which is formely used as money in the ancient times..so eating the dumplings in the morning of the New Year can make you earn a lot of money throught the whole year,even though this is just a superstition.....every chinese followed...... Molly ;-)
I love Chinese dumplings, but I often wonder if the version I eat in Chinese restaurants in America is really the authentic kind eaten in China.
@LittleMel (14055)
I have a few hobbies I had when I was young. Still working on which one I should use to generate additional income. Budget wise I have to stick with it until end of the year, by then I will find out.
Well from everything I know about you on mylot, you have a lot of perseverance.
@LittleMel (14055)
:):) it's my life. Getting used to it now.
Over Christmas break this year I did a little decorative painting. I have not taken the time to do it for a year or so. I painted recycled cans dark blue, added a snow scene, snowman, evergreens and filled them with candles, and home made cappuccino mix, and holiday muffin mix. I used wires I had stripped from old spiral notebooks for handles on my little treat buckets. I had such a good time, I have some I am finishing to hold kitchen tools on my counter. I like using up free materials. I have included a picture of those I mailed out. I put them on my snowman tree skirt. I need to work less and play more, it was so much fun.
snowman cans - I painted these as Christmas gifts, filling them with goodies. They make me smile.
Okay, I must have missed a button, the pic did not load, I will try again.
YOU did that? It's a shame you don't have the opportunity and money to build up your own business. You have such good ideas and ingenuity. That is really amazing.
@ratyz5 (7829)
I've recently found an interest in collecting Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Play Arts Action Figures but, I'm finding it hard to get the first set that was released. I was only able to collect the second set.. It gets me excited when the shop calls that what I wanted just arrived as if I really want to go there immediately and buy it before anyone does.. well, something like that...
You beat them at their own game, lol.
@ratyz5 (7829)
Now how could you say that...?
@KarenO52 (2951)
I love to go walking, and for the last few months it's been too cold. A couple of days ago it warmed up a little, and it felt good to be out again. Once it stays above 40 degrees, I'll be out every day.
Oh I know. I love to walk in weather that is tolerable. Fall and spring are great for me, it is winter and summer that kill me. : )
@jillhill (37384)
I have tried not to get interested in anything new! When I do I always have a tendency to go overboard...and hundreds of dollars later I find myself with a whole bunch of new stuff! LOL....
LOL, you sound like my mom. The excitement is there, just not the time!
I was passionate about ballet when I was eleven years old however due to the stress I was under because of the company and a minor injury to my ankle--I quit. Now, five years later I find myself crying when I watch ballet performances and practicing in the livingroom, something I promised myself never to do again. However, I find that certain hobbies increase in your mind and unfortunately you find yourself eventually coming back to it. Nevertheless, it could be for the better.
You just take care of that ankle. Ballet is a serious talent, I'm impressed!
I actually haven't tried anything new. Don't have a lot of things around here that I can get into actually. Nor do I know anyone that does something that I do not. So I'm just pretty boring I guess.
No, you're not boring. You're a lot of interest waiting to happen.
I have found my old hobbies again. And I am back to them like there is no tomorrow. Only problem is that there are not enough hours in the day to fit them all in.
@cher913 (25893)
i recieved some card making stuff for christmas (well scrapbooking i guess would be more correct) but i have started to make my own cards and will be selling them :-)
@theprogamer (10539)
I can't have anymore interests, kinda like Pye. I already need 120 hours a day in order to fit in my current interests (they are all right there too). If I was to answer the question properly, I'd say console gaming. I've only been playing it casually. Hmm... well, still casually, but I have replayed a bit of my library and that was pretty fun. I might do a "game rewind" as a discussion. Other hobbies... maybe visual novels, but then again thats been a hobby. I'm jus reviewing some other stories/plots and may pick a couple of them up.
@Jlyn12 (56)
I found out about GPT in October and what became a new interest became a passion and a business. If I could count the hours I have spent now reading, surfing, learning, building, promoting. Wow. Actually, I am just implementing more structure because I have to, now that I am doing so much more. I love it! I can spend hours on the computer working on this. Mind you, I already work at home as a full-time medical transcriptionist. And the hours just drag by. So I was amazed when I began to look around and discover I have been on the computer 5 hours without a break! Now, I need more structure, organization and discipline. I've just got to spread my attention around. My house is crying for attention right now! http://boostyourincometoday.blogspot.com/ http://boostyourincometodaysp1.blogspot.com/
@polachicago (19075)
I always do. I like to try new ideas at least once. I no longer know what hobby is my favorite, but I try different forms of art once a while. Lately I am redoing my furnitures and I have a lots of fun...
Yes, there is something. I am trying to really make our apartment, a home. I am going through things...getting rid of things...cleaning up...you name it! Passion! Passion! Passion!
@banunche (259)
reading different kinds of laws studying different kinds of languages