Intoxicated Mom Found Lying On Top Of Dead Toddler

@shakeroo (3990)
Malaysia
That poor baby got killed by his own mom just because she was drunk! ---------- INDIANAPOLIS -- A 2-year-old boy was pronounced dead after he was found unresponsive beneath his passed out mother at an Indianapolis motel room early Wednesday morning, police said. The boy, identified as Sheldon Bartley Jr., was taken to Community East Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 1:10 a.m., police said. According to Indianapolis Metro police, the boyfriend of Latasha McMorris, 24, called 911 at about 12:30 a.m. when he found McMorris passed out and lying on top of the child in room 104 of the EconoLodge Motel in the 3500 block of North Shadeland Avenue. The boyfriend, whose identity was not immediately released, told police that the boy was not breathing when he found him. Officials said they believe the boy was suffocated. Investigators said they think McMorris had been under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs when she passed out. Police said they are treating the case as a homicide and that McMorris was being held on a charge of felony neglect. An autopsy was planned Wednesday to determine what caused Bartley's death. Investigators said McMorris was convicted of child neglect in July 2007. Child Protective Services removed McMorris' children, including Bartley, from her custody when she was convicted, police said. According to officials, McMorris also has several prior arrests on alcohol-related offenses. ---------- How could she do something like that and being such an irresponsible mother. Now her child is gone...
Now Ive Heard it all. How?..Why?...Thats just apualing. For one why was she in a motel with her 2 year old? Why didnt she have someone watch her kid if she was going to be drinking? I guess I just dont get it. She already had the kids taken away and that wasnt a big enough wake up call for her to get her life in shape. Well I hope this was! CRIST! This poor boy suffered and now he is in a better place. I hope she goes to jail for a long time and thinks about it everyday. I hope it eats away at her untill she cant live anymore! What a horrible mother!
@shakeroo (3990)
Thanks for your comment on this!
@alindahaw (1219)
This is totally disgusting! I cna't imagine how a mother can be so cruel to her baby. Even if she has problems of her own, she has no right to neglect her child like that. She should never be allowed to have more babies if that is possible!
@shakeroo (3990)
Thanks for your comment!
@uiwwitch (892)
was subjected by his own mother to such suffering. I would imagine he had to struggle somehow, and that's what kills me. I really hop people who can't take care of their children just opt not to have any. These are precious little things to be leaving this world in such an awful circumstance.
@shakeroo (3990)
I just can't imagine that...
@cutepenguin (6457)
This is just so sad. The poor child.
@shakeroo (3990)
Yes, very sad indeed!
It totally floors me that people with children can be so childlike themselves and possess no responsibility. FOR ME having my children changed me. My children became my priority. When you have a child you are suppose to grow up, quit doing stupid things, and take care of your children. In my opinions things like this should never ever happen!
@shakeroo (3990)
Thanks for your comment!
@jhl930 (3605)
I really don't know what is going on with people now I have heard something about that and I think that it is horrible that someone would harm a child like that...I dont know why we have so many unfit parents in the world today...you are suppose to love and protect your child...I started a discussion yesterday about where someone killed their baby by putting it in the microwave and it almost made me sick and I thought that everyone would give their input about everything and it would make people think!
@shakeroo (3990)
Thanks for your comment!
@kbourgerie (8781)
Sometimes I wish there was some kind of screening system that could be implemented before people have children. Some women are just not capable of being a parent and I think once you have had one taken away, you should not be allowed to have anymore. Harsh, but it would probably save alot of childrens lives.
@shakeroo (3990)
Thanks for your comment!