54 People Die in Tornandos in Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama and Mississippi.

@Aurone (4758)
And it came terribly close to my family. The Atkins, AR which is much talked about because it literally got blown away is about 20 minutes from where my family lives in Arkansas and they knew the Family that killed in Atkins. They said it hit downtown around 4:30--how awful. I am glad my family is Okay, and I ask for your prayers for the families who lost their homes and loved ones to this terrible storm. To make this a discussion, was anyone near the storms, have any storm stories to tell?
@pyewacket (44037)
Yes, Aurone, I've been hearing of the devastation in those states due to the tornadoes. I will send prayers that you're family will remain safe and it's terrible that they actually knew one of the families that did perish. No I don't live anywhere in these states, but a few months ago, there was a "freak" tornado touchdown in Brooklyn, NY...I'm in the Queens section of NY. I remember that day, as even though I'm in a different borough of NYC even we got horrific winds here...I was looking out of my window and watching how the trees on the street were bending and swaying like crazy, never in my life that I've lived here had I seen that
@worldwise1 (14888)
Of course, Aurone, we have sympathy for all the victims and their families involved in this latest weather disaster. The storms also hit parts of Tennessee, where I grew up, but I have heard of no one injured that I know. The odd thing about all this is that I don't remember having this type of weather during my years growing up there. Maybe it's just natural changes in climate.
I heard this on the news...Those types of storms terrify me. I am glad I live in nova scotia where we don't have severe storms very often! My thoughts are with all the families down there