This is SOOOOOOO Grooosss!!!

We were eating this evening at our local steak house with our teenagers. My youngest daughter was putting her ckoe in her ice cream. My 17 year old then says "shes just doing that so we wont eat her ice cream" to which the 14 year old replies "Nope, if I wanted to do that I would just spit in it". After many groans and gags the question went around Would you eat something that you yourself had spit in? Before you complain I warned you this is soooooo gross.LOL Comments anyone?
@Wario_1 (969)
• Sweden
Probably not, but i would not be stupid enought to spit in my food at all making the whole decition. But ive eaten worse things and lived. once i when i was walking together with my friends little sister(dont get any funny ideas) after me and some others been swimming in a lake not far from my place. I found a few feet from the road that someone had thrown a fresh kebab roll, with the foil still on it. I took it up, smelled it, took away some of the outermost of the roll and ate it.
Whew!! You almost scared me there. LOL We were so poor one time we stopped to pick up a chicken someone had run over! It was to far gone though.
@Wario_1 (969)
• Sweden
Damn, that must have been tought to be so poor to almost be forced to eat roadkill. Ive actually eatin an icecream ive also found, both tasted nice and i didnt feel bad after eating them. Ive also tasted a hamburger someone had thrown away, but that one was to old and tasted bad. Im used to eat my younger siblings food, almost to the point i could be called the familys house pig. Sometimes when my little brother doesnt like the food he gets, he eats some and i eat the rest so that my mother thinks hes eatin all of it.
LOL You sound just like my oldest son! We call him garbage gut. He used to go around the table and eat off everyones plate when they were little. And you know he is the skinniest one of us all? Hes about 6'4" and dont go more than 185lb.
@Bev1986 (1427)
If it's your spit and just came out of your mouth, what difference does it make??? Yeah, I probably would eat it... but then again, I wouldn't spit in my own food to begin with! lol!
@skydancer (1987)
Exactly my thoughts on this question... word for word!
Ditto!
I'm laughing out loud because I'm actually responding to this topic...and you get a penny for me to tell you whether I would eat food after I had spit in it. Yes, I would. My spit doesn't gross me out.
You so totally rock! Thanks for the comments. I am still undecided if I would or not!
@AICIRT81 (847)
I would not. But then again I am not 14 years olds any more and i am sure when I was 14 I would have. Especially since my brother and sister would hog the treats. What a difference a decade makes.
Aint that the truth!! LOL The older I get the more I find I would not do anymore!!
@JJ4Ever (4696)
This is a pretty unappetizing discussion, but it's really funny that I came across this when I did because I'm on my lunch break at work! (LOL) I don't think pouring Coke on ice cream is gross, but spitting in a person's own food can be really disturbing to those observing. If one of my younger sisters were to do that, I'd probably gag. If I did something like that myself, I'd probably be really embarrased if it were in front of other people including my family, but I know it'd work in keeping my siblings' paws off my food! (LOL) And depending on what kind of spit I created on my food, I'd probably still eat it. Of course, there's some nasty kinds when there's stuff such as sinus and infections and such. That would just ruin my food. If it's just good ol' plain spit of mine that's not very much and doesn't include anything else other than saliva, yes, I'd eat my own food. (LOL) Sorry if I grossed you out, but this was definitely a funny discussion!
I am still laughing!
@JJ4Ever (4696)
LOL! I'm glad I was able to give you a chuckle. I know it sounds weird that I'm so picky about what kind of spit (of mine) can be in my food before I'd actually consider eating it. That's what I love about myLot. Even the funniest and most random discussions are so much fun because we can all relate! Thanks for your comment and the fun post. :)
@barehugs (8986)
I think your kids are pretty sharp and not Gross at all.Yes your teens were laughing at your expense! Try wearing in their shoes, and maybe you will see the Joke!
Well to be honest I was done eating so I found it quite funny myself.
@moneyandgc (3430)
No, I definitely would not eat foot if I had spit in it. Spit is the one thing that grosses me out, even my own. I wouldn't have been able to eat my own food if I saw someone spit in their food either. I don't have a particularly sensitive stomach, EXCEPT when it comes to spit.
I would have to concur.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
No ick and shiver. Cannot comment further without gagging. Ewww. Poor you. What a topic for dinner conversation. lol
Such are our lovely family dinners!
@gemini_rose (16194)
Only from the mouths of our children ah? They can be so disgusting at times!! No I would not eat anything that I had spit in, even though its my own spit the thought of it just makes me feel sick! Very Gross.
I should probably write down all the weird stuff they have said, Id probably make millions on the book! lol
NO Way Not Happining!! LOL. That grosses me out. I remember when I was younger my brother would do things like that. He would ask for a drink of my pop and then goober in it!! So of course I was like you can have it. I think he would do it because I would give it to him.
You know he did!
@cupid74 (11394)
• Pakistan
Hi dear i like the witty reply of ur daughter smart and answeer to ur Question is "NO" it seems disgusting and against asthetic sense Take care
@suspenseful (40316)
I think your daughter was trying to gross you out and it worked. I would never eat anything I spit in or anybody else spit on. Who knows what kind of germs I am or they are passing on? I hope you gave your daughter a good talking to that what she did insulted the other patrons in the steak house, some who may have been tourists.
@worldwise1 (14887)
I've heard it said, shewolf, that when we drink from a bottle, such as a soft drink, we are really drinking our spit anyway, so I suppose that all of us who indulge are doing this gross thing, lol.
@Aussies2007 (5339)
It depends what we are talking about here. I would imagine that your daughter was talking about ordinary spit. Spit is just saliva. We eat our own saliva 24 hours a day. Nothing wrong with it. When you french kiss someone... you are sharing your saliva. Now I don't deny the fact that it is gross. But if you are prepared to spit on your ice cream... obviously you are ok with it. It would be a lot worse if you did spit in your bol of soup. In that case... I think I would scoop it out before eating my soup. lol
I will not eat anything that I myself had spit in... EEEWWW!!!!
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
nope i dont..but some are ..i guess so lol!!
@dangaroo (234)
I would have no problem eating something I had spat in - I don't quite understand the problem. It's your spit, it came from your mouth and it was going down to your stomach anymore. The answers on here make the mind boggle!
@secretbear (19464)
ewww!!! even if it was my spit on my food, I wouldn't eat it!! that's just so gross! ^.^ but then, if I was still 14 years old, I wouldn't know what I would have done. ^__^;; lemme see.. I'm on my 3rd year in highschool when I was 14. yay! I think I still wouldn't eat my food with my spit! I dunno why but its just that spits are so disgusting. I don't even spit a lot. I only spit when I'm brushing my teeth. ^__^;;
@ohwellie (140)
You do realise that when you eat something it gets covered in spit anyway, don't you? I wouldn't choose to do it, but I'd have no qualms about doing it either.