Do You Live In The Past So Much So That It Effects You In The Here And Now?

The Rim "Never let yesterday use up too much of today." —Will Rogers American Humorist Using up today by rehashing the past is like traveling to the Grand Canyon and spending the entire visit in the gift shop looking at postcards. We have to be willing to leave yesterday behind and step to the rim of today. That's where the best viewpoint can be found and looking back at memories of how it looked on a day past simply cannot compare. May you always be willing to step to the rim of each and every new day.
@winterose (39922)
no I do not, my past actually makes my future and present better because I learn from my mistakes, and I also make a living at being a writer and I wrote my first book about my past.
This is true. A person learns from their mistake. So it would follow that they would want to remember them so they would not make the same mistakes again.
The past for me is filled with so much pain. I find that I can't leave it in the past or I won't remember not to let i happen again.
That is a good point to think about.
@gandatwo (602)
Love the Will Rogers Quotation Sunshinelady! No longer live in the past,I do rewind the tape at times and join dots to gain a clearer undersatnding of a paticular event.For me there have been issues I have had to address,and fears to confront before I could move forward.You know the saying..."one door closes another door opens" Also Loved your analogy re/Grand Canyon. Great discussion. "Have a Beaut Day"Cheers
@mac1946 (1602)
• Calgary, Alberta
as I have sever clinical depression,and slipping memory,I prefer to think of the past,as I really do not like the here and now,it was a simpler time and I had much more to do for fun and loved the clothing of my younger days,even in my shop now,I still sell my products and my service charges the same as twenty years ago,mind you,I am semi retired,so I am not looking to get rich,so I don't have to charge like the big guys. You must remember,I come from a time of far less crime,very little government interferance,a time when your work meant something and you did not have to fear going out at night,no real racial violence or hatred.
@stephcjh (32328)
I really don't live in the past. there is no time for it these days. We have to keep up with this everchanging world and technology. We would be totally lost if we lived like we did years ago. We wouldn't have much knowledge of anything these days.