The Year 2012

outer space -  This picture is a depiction of a black hole in outer space.
@clrumfelt (5426)
Has anyone been following the discussions going around about the year 2012. Some say it will be the end of the world. Other say cataclysmic events, a New World Order, etc., No one really knows, all is specuation, but the discussion does have a historical and scientific base. You can read about it here: http://www.december212012.com/articles/news/This_Age_Ends_2012.htm What are your thoughts on this?
@KrauseHome (35507)
Personally, in my opinion, the only thing I believe in and worry about is based on the Bible. So even if there are people out there saying the End is coming in 2012, I believe no one knows the Time, or Place, so how can someone predict something that God is only the one in control of. But thanks for the interesting thoughts on this one.
@clrumfelt (5426)
You are right about that. Everything is under God's control and all we can really do is get our heart right and be ready for whatever is going to take place.
@twoey68 (13651)
I've seen different news reports over the years about how the world is going to end. It was supposed to end in the year 2000, then we had the big Y2K thing, then it was 2003 and now its 2012. I don't put much stock into it and even if it was true, there isn't much anyone can do about it. I just live my life the way I think is right and try not to worry about what if. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@clrumfelt (5426)
We can only live one day at a time anyway, and a day without worry is a good one.
@santau (223)
I believe that people can read into events and make them fit what they want. People tend to read into prophecies and vague writing too much. I believe this website promotes fear mongering, like so many other websites and religions. This website states that this century has been the most catastrophic and bloody in all of history. But just look at history. Over 70% of Europe was destroyed by the plague in the middle ages. This occurred at the same time there was many brutal wars and genocides occuring throughout the entire world. People of this time also believed the world was comming to an end. I believe that humanity has it pretty good right now. I also believe that websites like the one you have linked lead people to believe that life and the world is in ruins. We shouldn't believe the world is going to end. In the end, that kind of thinking is only going to get our race in trouble. Instead, we should all be thinking about how we can better all the goodness we already have.
@clrumfelt (5426)
I didn't totally agree with the article myself. Just thot it was interesting. Some people can go overboard about this kind of thing.