Beginner business in need of suggestions?

@dloveli (4369)
I have recently decided to start selling some of the jewelry I design. I have been quite successful in word of mouth sales. I would, however, like to begin to put my jewelry out there. I have tried the flea markets and there are so many things there that I dont think it is for me. I am trying to find out about several different sales and fundraisers. I am stumped. I put a lot of work into my creations and would like to share them with everyone. I was thinking about ebay but I need someone that I can ask direct questions. I am asking all myLotters to let me know any and all suggestions regarding the ways to sell jewelry. THanks
@dvschic (1796)
have you tried etsy.com, its for all home made items and it lets you create a website you can send people to.. ebay is good, i haven't had much luck with the flea markets, seem everyone wants bargain basement prices.. i do craigslist, etsy, and some home shows.. find a couple other home sales ladies (mary kay, avon) etc and have a home mixer where you all sell your stuff and invite your friends. people love coming out and seeing all the stuff in one place. also try yahoo groups for finding sales ideas..
@dloveli (4369)
Thanks for the tip. I have been lucky as far as having small gatherings in my home. However. I dont have credit cards. Can I still use craigslist and etsy. I tried ebay and they requested a credit or card. Its hard to believe that because I choose not to have credit cards I am at a loss on the internet. It is always something
@dvschic (1796)
do you have a bank account if you have a bank account you can get a paypal account (and their debit card) you can use the etsy.com website... i think thats the mainstream idea good luck!!
@wjolene (265)
try wearing them when you go out or when you invite friends to your house. try attracting them.
@blueunicorn (2410)
Have you checked to see if there are craft/ art fairs in your area? You could rent a space at one of these. Always keep your eye open for events that you may be able to get a vendor booth at. For me, jewelry would be something I would want to see in person before I bought it. If you catch someone's attention they may spread your name to friends and family outside of your local area.
Congratulations! Yes, I am so excited for you! Talking to every person you can is a great help. You never know where that next sale is going to come from.