Your a mother and a babysitter

A sweet little one comes to your house for her daily care. You go to change her diaper. Pulling off her clothing you find bruises. Then you touch then and she cries out. What do you do next? No this has not happened to me.. I would talk to the mother and see what happened.
@twoey68 (13662)
I actually had this happen years ago with my oldest Brother. He had my Niece and Nephew in daycare with me and I went to change my Nephew who was like 2-3 years old. When I changed him I saw a bruise about 2" long and 1 1/2" wide on his upper thigh. I asked him about it and he said his daddy hit him. When his sister came in from school I asked her about it and she said their daddy had spanked him with a belt. When my Brother came to pick them up I tried to talk to him. He told me it was none of my business and that he could do what he wanted b/c they were his kids. After he left, I did a very hard thing. I turned him in. I was crying the whole time b/c I didn't want to do it but I also didn't want the kids to walk around with bruises on them. After I turned it in, I called my Mom. She told me she was happy I'd turned it in but not to tell my Brother. When he asked me a few days later if I'd turned him in, I looked him right in the eye and told him I did. He wouldn't let me see the kids for almost 2 years but it was worth it. He learned to discipline them without hitting them and the kids learned that if they were in trouble I will stand up for them no matter who or what it costs me. On a side note, the daycare I ran was a state daycare and when you run one you are mandated to report any possible abuse. If you don't, you can go to jail for not reporting it. That was a part of the situation as well. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
Your right about the state. I was licensed in NY state. I had a girl who would cry from the time her mom left. Till she came from work it was very hard for me. I asked her what should I do to help. She said put her daughter in the bathroom with the light out. I told her that she had to find other arrangements or I would have to report it.
@winterose (39913)
it is your duty to report it it, that is the law, the child's protection must come first. If the mother is innocent the authorities will decide. It may break a friendship no doubt but it could save a child's life
Well it would depend on the severity of the bruises. If there were only a couple I would talk to the mom but if she had tons I would call social services and have it investigated.
@SViswan (12095)
I would definitely talk to the mother about it. But for all you know it could be the mother inflicting these wounds. I had a neighbour once who would hit her child. But since we all knew of it, we could openly talk to her about it when we found bruises on the child.