What was the most you ever paid for a pair of shoes/sneakers?

Why did you pay that much for them? Is this a normal amount to spend on your feet? I recently bought my daughter two pairs of sneakers. $65.00 for the first and the second $56.00 from Dr. Jays with a coupon code.
@bowtieguy (5927)
I once paid 225.00 for a pair of black paten leather dress shoes, they were to go with my new tux and ralph lauren, so I would say I made off pretty well.
I would hope you still have them. That is a lot of money.
@bowtieguy (5927)
I have had them for about a year and plan to get a good 3 years out of them. I don't get to wear them much so they will saty in good shape, I just wonder if they will still be in style any longer than that.
@winterose (39918)
i don't wear them but when my son was a teenager he got one pair of shoes a year, which were sneakers, and he would get the expensive basketball player type of over 200.00, but everyone in the family pitched in and bought it for his birthday or christmas whichever and it was the only gift he got. But that was what he wanted.
Oh that must have been nice. My daughter would die if that were her. :)
@ssh123 (31100)
BATA is a reputed Indian Shoe Manufacturers and they introduced LUMBER shoes. In the beginning they gave us export quality shoes which cost us close to $50. Later on the same shoe was available for $25 with them. That was a great shoe, with good leather, spongy heel. Believe me, it lasted for 6 good years along with other pairs.
The most i have ever paid for a pair of shoes was $110 in that area. I was going out with my cousin to celebrate my birthday and it was a tradition of ours to go big time shopping. We went to Baker's and i saw these beautiful boots that i had to have and was willing to pay for. Sad thing though is that i only wore them once or twice; ended up selling the darn things. : (
I hope you sold them for a good enough price. That was a months worth of meat.
• Pakistan
hello giftsandbagscom! You seem to be a shopping lover since day 1 :) and one of the most active member on mylot :) well,yesterday i bought a pair of casual wears converting them in to dollars would be 25$,and for me its like more than enough. I hardly save money for my shoes,it takes almost 6 to 7 months saving pocket money to have a pair of shoes of my own choice from the most expensive shop of my city. My mom and my sister have less expensive and nice shoes every month.But i collect money for 7 to 8 months to have one pair of shoes :) Yesterday i bought these casual wears,but was happy in the end because my father paid on the counter :) by saying this is a gift for taking all those good results last year for which i didnt even gave you anything :D .. obviously i was double happy,one for getting shoes of my own choice for which i have been searching for and without paying for it :) Well,i guess spending on your own is not a bad habit,and its a addiction you know buying expensive and branded things. but on the other side if we see those people who havent got even shoes to wear in winters.They dont even have good one to wear then we will realise and thank to our God that he has bestowed us with all this:) and then we will try not to spend/waste that much money on these accessories. Whynot giving thaty extra money to a poor one to have new clothes and shoes on religious occasions ? Well,i myself dont obey this thing,but i wish one day i really realise and go with this:) inshAllah .
@mimatexas (1835)
I have just bought a pair of sneakers to my 15-year old son and they were priced at $75.00 but they had a discount of $10, so I ended paying $65 for them. I think they are expensive but he didn't like what they had there in the store.
@crazynurse (7489)
The most that I have ever paid for a pair of sneakers is $79. This was this past year when I was diagnosed with a sagging tendon in the instep of my foot. I had to have special inserts made for my shoes and even those inserts aren't enough on days when I am going to be on my feet all day at the hospital. I had to get tennis shoes that have a metal piece sewn in the area on the inner side of the shoe to help with my arch. I normally would not have ever paid this much for a pair of sneakers!
@wolfie34 (26793)
I think when it comes to my feet price is NO object, because I do sooooo much walking and hiking I really need a very good pair of shoes to withstand the mileage I do, trouble is my feet suffer heavily from blisters, getting tired and hot and achey, so cheap shoes are no good because they do not protect my feet, I bought a new pair of trainers today which were £69 but reduced to £20 which is about $38 equivalent. But I have paid more and there was 70% off so I couldn't resist. Shoes don't last long on me because of wear and tear.
@Gizzmo86 (147)
• Netherlands
The most I ever paid for sneakers was 130 euro for some Nikes. Normally I dont spent that much money for shoes but they were really nice and also a special edition.
@CAMILLERI (373)
The most I paid for a black pair of shoes was AUD$100.
@tamz21 (67)
the most ive paid for a pair of shoes was when i was on holiday in the USA i paid $475.00 on a paid of STUNNING boots!!!! still have them now,lol ive only worn then a few times..