I can't stop eating sunflower seeds. Is there a contest some

where for eating the most seeds non stop. I would give someone a good run for that prize. I have more big bags in my cabinet to replace hen this bucket is done. What is it you just can't stop eating?
@zeloguy (4915)
Just an FYI on the Sunflower seeds. Remember to chew them. I know that sounds weird but I have a relative that ate so many seeds they got caught in his digestive tract and he needed to flush them out. Apparently he'd half eat them and they would get past the stomach into the small intestine. I LOVE them and eat them when I can... I eat them like a baseball player (yeah the whole spit out the shell bit and your cheek looking like a squirrel) and I only eat them when I am outside for that reason. But I do love them. How to stop... when you find out let me know.!
I can't stand looking at my floor when I eat these. I vacuum and it still looks like I did not. The funny thing is I have a bowl for the seeds. :)
@zeloguy (4915)
If you are going to eat seeds indoors use a glass not a bowl. For purposes you now know about ;). Thanks Zelo
Thanks I'll try that one. I have put them aside for now. I am thinking they got me sick. I was unable to do anything yesterday. :)
yes, because they have sooo much salt on them they are addictive! very addictive
I am very thirsty and my lips are raw. :)
@Kaeli72 (1230)
Yummy...my mother got me into those nuts when I was a child. Thing is, I love BBQ David's sunflower seeds and will eat them until the whole bag is gone. But, cleanliness tells me otherwise. If I start to eat them, I loose track of time and where exactly I've placed those dang shells. When I stand up, there's a shower of shells from my clothes. What's worse, they'll get stuck inside my keyboard and I'll look like an idiot for not being able to properly press every key needed.
@CAMILLERI (373)
They are very good for you. Mind you everything in moderation. I am very partial with cashew nuts.
@zeloguy (4915)
Watch with both types of nuts (cashew not TECHNICALLY a nut but...) they are both very high in fat content. (As you say in moderation) Thanks Zelo
@kykidd (6820)
I have the same problem when it comes to sunflower seeds. My tongue will be salt-burnt, if you will. And I will drink lots of soda, which I know is bad for me. But I just can't stop eating them until the whole bag is gone.
That is my problem as well. I have to stop buying them after all this is gone. I have more big bags and it over for me. I will just buy the tiny ones. :)
@thaMARKER (3094)
You also love it huh. I was once an addict of that but I changed to squash seeds for a while then now I'm looking for the sunflower seeds. I miss it already. I think it's a good past time thing to do. You'll get double benefits. hehehe..
@chrislotz (8203)
Well, my hubby would give you a run for the title of most sunflower seed eater. My husband eats them at all times. He has a bag in the truck, a bag at work, a bag in every room of our house. I can't believe he doesn't get salt sores in his mouth or on his lips. He is always eating them. I very seldom eat them but when I do I eat quite a few before I stop, that's why I don't eat them very often. They are very addictive.
@vera5d (4006)
i love sunflower seeds...every year we grow giant sunflowers...we still have to buy seeds though, lol... i can't stop eating anything that's small and snacky - usually i try to go for the carrot sticks instead of the cookies, but it's really not usually that easy as i make it sound!
I'm also a sunflower seed addict. I'll usually finish a whole bag in one go. My tounge and throat gets sore and my lips will get dry. I think it's the challenge of trying to break it open that's making me eat it non-stop. Sometimes when I'm telling myself "this is the last one", I'll get a bad seed that leaves a disgusting taste in my mouth and I'll have to eat a few more good ones to cover it up. Which ends up with me finishing the whole bag again. Man it's hard to quit! LOL!
@carolbee (16241)
I also love sunflower seeds but prefer them in the summertime when it's hot. More like a salt replacement type food. I also enjoy a cold Pepsi along with the seeds. I am really into the Chester's Fries in a bag. They are called sizzlin' hot and just delicious. They are hot but I've had hotter foods. I can eat an entire bag in the evening with a bottle of Pepsi.
@wolfie34 (26793)
Aren't sunflower seeds supposed to be healthy? You sure you are not having sudden cravings? What suddenly got you started eating them all of a sudden? I can't stop eating chocolate well more so in my teens, I was always eating chocolate and my weight started to pile on big time! I could eat chocolate for breakfast and for snacks. Now I am more controlled and I eat lots of pears and apples, trouble is it plays havoc on the digestive system because I am running to the toilet LOL!