Are ebay deliberately trying to push their best sellers away?

@gemini_rose (16194)
I have sold on ebay for nearly a year, I only started it because I had loads of really nice baby things practically unused that I wanted to get rid of, but because I sold a lot of things in a short space of time I was awarded powerseller status, which I was quite proud of. I have kept hold of this status for a few months now and have bought and sold various things, but now I have just had an email saying that I am not up to scratch and if I dont meet the criteria within the next month they are taking it off me! I have a 99.9% feed back, with just 1 negative in the last 12 months, I have never had any complaints about my service or nothing, I have an impeccable dispatch time and never leave my customers waiting weeks for goods and I always email them and let them know whats happening with their item, the only reason they are taking it away is because I am not selling enough so therefore not making ebay enough money in their fees!! So I am being punished for the fact that people dont want to buy anything!! Yet I look at other peoples feedback who are big powersellers and some of their feedback is abysmal with over 20 negatives a month. The way its going ebay will lose their honest hardworking sellers and be left with a rubbish market place. To turn this into a discussion are any of you powersellers that have lost that status due to not earning enough, do you think that powersellers should be awarded by their number of sales per month or more for the way they are perceived by the customers who buy from them i.e good feed back records and comments?
Many people have Power seller status that comes and goes so you don't have to take it personal. There is a list of things you need to do to make PS and to keep PS and so as sales change so does that. You can check out the requirements for PS and then you can figure out how to keep it or why it would leave. It happens to many people so don't worry about it.
@gemini_rose (16194)
Thank you for that, I will see what happens over the next month and whether I make the grade again or not!
That is good it is just good to focus on your selling and doing that good. The numbers will fall into place. Good luck with your selling.
@jbrooks (264)
i is not fair at all. they like to punish the people who work their butts off so they can get there money and let the ones that like to give bad items to others and are always recviving negatives the ok to keep doing so. what is wrong with that picture? i just opened a store and have just started to being getting discounted clothes that i am going to start selling soon. i hope that you keep doing what you are doing and i would ask ebay what this is all about. why are they sending you these emails and not others take care
@gemini_rose (16194)
It certainly feels like that at times, I work really hard on there too. Good luck with your store, good clothes with a good price can do well on ebay so all the best.
I have never been a power seller on ebay. I would not ever want to be one either. It's too stressful from what i hear. I would not want to pay out all those fees either. They should change that around as well. Soo if enough people leave ebay they will have to fight to get things right. Will you be continuing to sell on ebay?
@gemini_rose (16194)
It wasnt stressful to start off with, I loved it, I love my girlie things, like make up, costume jewellery, clothes etc, but I cannot afford to buy them much, I knew there were others out there in the same position and I wanted to be able to give them these things at a price that would beat the shops and allow them to have these things at a low price, and at first it worked I could get the things and sell them low and everyone loved it, but with increases in fees and this and that I cant sell these things at the price I want so I have been selling a bit less and thats why they are going to take the status away,I dont care about the powerseller thing but people do tend to come to you more if they see it. I want to be able to continue selling but with ebay now its just getting harder and harder to make a profit. My husband wants me to open my own online store instead, you only have to pay a one off fee he says but its whether I will get any interest, if I thought that would work then I would turn my back on ebay without a second glance, I dont know of any other sites like ebay that I could go to either.