Are you happy with your present computer?

Latest computer - Do you need a modern computer?
By Bala
@balasri (26554)
What are the updates you like to make to it?
@apsara60 (6612)
• Israel
I am happy with my pc.......in office and also at home. At home my son has update it with all sorts of latest things as he is playing big games.... but I hardly get to sit on pc at home. I just do mylotting and that I can do very well on my recent pc's. The only thing I don't have is hindi font........lol
@balasri (26554)
It can be installed in a jiffy by your dear son Apsara.With the Hindi fonts you can always see more of my prowess in Hindi.lol
@apsara60 (6612)
• Israel
nahi bala, hindi toh mujhe bas tumhari acchi lagti hai....tum bolo aur meh sun kar haso.....issi meh maza hai........I don't want to become scholar in Hindi.....:))
@balasri (26554)
Mugambo kush hua!
@zeloguy (4915)
I don't think I would ever be 'happy' with my computer. I just ordered a new video card to extend the life of this one for a while longer but... I would like to get a dual-core AMD 4GB RAM 1TB SATA HD 512MB PCI-e graphics card with two HDMI and one VGA output 1 CD/DVD burner 1 Blu-Ray burner That is right off the top of my head. Of course it would XP Pro and Linux dual-boot. I put together all my computer systems and only buy them off the shelf for laptops and for my wife's computer. As for a laptop A dual-core with a under/over-clockable motherboard at least 2GB ram, dual-core, and under 4½ pounds in weight. Thanks Zelo
@balasri (26554)
Well you are way ahead and I am sure you know your computer well.
@wolfie34 (26793)
I only got my computer last October so it's relatively new, it's an Apple Mac, one of the latest models, I don't like PC's and will always upgrade to a Mac they are much more user friendly and designed for people like me. I am not that technologically minded so I don't tend to update it, I have Itunes on it and had to get a Word/Xcel Package for it but other than that it's just what I need.
@balasri (26554)
Why it sounds like perfect machine Wolfie.
@sunita64 (6474)
I am satisfied with my computer, but it is a desktop, so at the time I am on the move then I start missing it. So planning to buy a laptop with and internet connection ofcourse. Other wise everything is ok with my existing computers one at home and one here.
@balasri (26554)
I want to buy one too.Somewhat I am fascinated by a handy laptop.
@secretbear (19466)
ami's mini computer with visor - sailor mercury's mini computer and visor
hi balasri! ^__^ i'm happy with my present computer right now. but if i just have the extra money, i would buy a dvd-rom and writer combo, i would increase the memory space, and upgrade to Windows Vista. ^__^ i just can't buy 'em all because i don't have the money for it. and then, i've been meaning to buy a headset, a new keyboard, a new mouse and a new webcam but i can't seem to find the free time to do it. my keyboard and mouse are kinda hard to use like it needs some lubricant or oil or something. and i can't use my webcam at night. .
@suspenseful (40316)
My computer is a Compac Presario Pentium Four and it is not upgradeable except for adding an extra hard drive. So as soon as I save enough money, I will use this just as a back up and get a Mac Pro, and possibly a Mac desktop. The salesman did not tell me the truth and my husband who was just as cheap as I am was there as well. I plan to get a flash drive, and I would not mind a large wide screen monitor and a better print, but right now this is function able.
@bellaofchaos (11550)
yes and no.. I would like a flat screen monitor more ram and a better graphics card. but it's performance has always been great. LOL!!!
@I_LUV_U (2519)
I have an old system, more than 5 years old. I am just OK with it, currently. I need to upgrade the hardwares I'm using. I would like to increase my RAM as it is only 256 mega bytes and also change my UPS from ESSMA to some other more efficient one. My UPS is troubling from a while, though I changed its battery, it couldn't last for more than 6 to 8 months.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I first purchased my computer in July 2002 and I am still very happy with it. Although, I would also like to have a laptop, my desktop still has all I need.
@Mirita (2668)
Well, right now I'm doing everything from my son's computer because my computer broke ,but I still love my computer even if is old and I took it to repair. I would like to buy myself a laptop in the near future. To me what matters in a computer is how much space you have for files.
@carolbee (16241)
Not really happy with my computer. It's not 3 years old yet and I've had more problems. It was custom built and came with it's very own corrupt file. I called the place where I bought it and they wouldn't tell me anything over the phone. I emailed them and they wouldn't answer. Keeping in mind I also bought a used computer for my daughter at the same place of business, these people would not even try to help me over the phone. All they suggested was to bring it in. I was so angry that I did not return. Now I seem to have a problem with the USB port and can't upload photos from my digital. It's very annoying and needs to be repaired. Once the weather clears up I intend to take it to a repair shop and get it fixed. It was too expensive not to be able to use it for uploading photos of our grandkids. Don't know that I need any updates.
@Celanith (2334)
Ugh no it has problems is old and wore out but it is all I can afford for a good long while yet.
@stephcjh (32328)
I am happy with my desktop computer for now but I would much rather have a laptop also. I recently bought me a wireless keyboard and mouse so now I am not stuck at the desk, at least. I also purchased a flat panel monitor and it is alot better than the old traditional style. Those are the recent chnages I made that I did not like. Those were my updates. I would love to have higher speed, but cannot get in in my area.
@SViswan (12072)
I am happy because it is pretty new. It's just a few months old. I don't think I need an update as of now....all I need to know is how to dispose of my old (or rather parts of it that I have) in a proper way.
@lynnchua (3416)
I think i'm quite happy with it. Its still working fine.
I'm quite not satisfied with my present computer this time. well, this is an old computer anyway. I've been using it for four years and there are a lot of new stuffs and higher technology ones. I am thinking about getting a new one with a better processor core.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Hi bala, you just touched a very sensitive button there. I am not satisfied at all and hoping to upgrade my computer to a much higher one. Now don't ask me what it would be like. ...hmm.....okay since you insist, it would be like this: processor: AMD RAM: 1 GB HDD: 160 GB Screen: 15.4 inch OS: WINVISTA Is it too much?
@mimpi1911 (25454)
That's a great choice! Currently I have Flatron L17528.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
In fact, I am planning to buy a laptop with the above configuration.
@balasri (26554)
You get the BR for your preferenc Mimpi.
@anniepa (27236)
I've been thinking for a long time about switching to cable internet and now our cable company is offering a special for the cable, internet and phone service at one flat rate and I think I'd save a few bucks, so I'm really going to do it this time. Also, this isn't an upgrade but ever since I got a new monitor which has the speakers built in I have no sound, I'm sure I did something wrong when I installed it but I'm going to get it fixed. I'm also going to fnally learn how to use my webcam which I got with my computer in 2000 but have never used so far. Annie
@valerie37 (981)
• Christiansburg, Virginia
My computer presently needs a system cleanup and a memory upgrade because I am always getting a pop-up about the virtual memory being low. So I'm definitely not happy with my computer right now.
@JJ4Ever (4696)
I'm actually very happy with my present computer. It's a regular desktop PC that I got back in October (2007). It seems like I just got it, but it's almost four months old! (LOL) It's a really nice HP that came with a 22-inch wide-screen, LCD (flat-panel), Bright View monitor. It was an excellent deal and is a very fast computer. It cost half the amount I paid for my Gateway laptop five years ago! It's crazy. My computer has Windows Vista on it, which I've finally gotten used to and really like now. Overall, I'm pretty content with what I have. I'm a very technology inclined person, so I like to stay on top of upgrades and updates. If I could change something about my current computer, I would want it to be even faster than it already is. I would also want the screen to be bigger. Isn't that always the case, though? (LOL) That's how things usually go. People always want something bigger and better! Don't get me wrong, I love my computer the way it is, but since you asked, I had to answer the question! Great discussion. I love talking about computers.