American Idol

@Betty34 (268)
Morning everyone! I'm wondering what everyone thought of American Idol last nite? I thought some performances were really great, some horrible. Thinking they should be better than that if they made it to Hollywood. The beauty queen was a riot. I thought she was going to get down on her knees and beg! I'm glad we won't be seeing her again, at least on Idol this year. Did anyone else notice everyone's tongues? A lot of them were blue, like they were eating a pen or something. Or blue jawbreakers. I thought that was weird. I can't remember anyone's names right now, but I am liking Michael, the Rocker Janis Joplin lady, and a few others I also don't recall their name. Would love to hear what others think too. B
@newfette (340)
Hey Betty! Thanks for the friend request! Anyone who reads this and wants to me my friend, go ahead and add me! The more the merrier! I LOVED American Idol and Canadian Idol (I live in Canada). Last year on Canadian Idol the contestants were allowed to use instruments in their actual auditions in each city. I loved that part of it, you could see them in their niche. And you could tell who were musicians, who were singers, and who were artists. Big difference. Ummm yeah so my favorites on American Idol this year. I love the rocker Janis Joplin lady that had the car accident? Black hair with white streaks in the front. I forget her name! She was awesome! But my favorite favorite is the young guy that's been living in his car. He's only 18. MAN he can sing...but he is artist. Authentic, real, honest. True to himself. I love his take on music and how he "hears it in his head". The judges didn't like his performance of Stand by Me last night, but I LOVED it. He moves me to tears seriously. The emotion he is able to portray through each song is just jaw-dropping. And I like the Aussie guy he's very authentic and unique as well. The beauty queen was SO annoying, I think Paula said no to her because she was annoying her. HAHA too funny. REalty check. You don't get everything you want in life my dear. Who else...oh!!! The irish girl!!! She freakin rocks! I can't wiat to watch tonight!
@newfette (340)
ps the blue tongues - caused by a type of chloraseptic used to treat throats, it is green colour.
@Betty34 (268)
Hi, I also liked the guy who was living in his car. A shame to see him go. :( I agree about Miss Beauty Queen. Probably all an act anyway. A lot of ppl on there need that kind of reality check. Looks like we like a lot of the same idols. One you didn't mention was Michael (can't member his last name) Combs maybe. I really like him, nice family man (at least I think it was his wife.) Reminds me of Train's lead singer. They are one of my favorite bands. I really like the Irish girl too. I can tell that Carrie Leigh Cook ? (she's blonde and I thought she was wholesome til she made the top 24.) So I think she will be next annoying for me. They did the instruments here this year. That was interesting, made or broke some people. When is Idol on next week. Tues and Wed.? And btw, my other fav. show is Lost. Desperate Housewives. Not in that order, but Lost is new again! Wow the episode last nite was awesome! B