does anyone out there think the number thirteen is unlucky or lucky?

@littleowl (7157)
in my case the number thirteen has always been lucky,my daughter was born on friday the thirteenth and i had always wanted a girl-there are thirteen moons in a year and many other reasons that thirteen is a lucky number for me-what do think is the number thirteen lucky for you or not?
@ellie333 (21029)
I lived in a Flat 14 once but there was no thirteen so I considered it to be No 13. When they built the close they went 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,14. Crazy really, why do they do that? I don't consider 13 unlucky and it seems a lucky one for you, even noticed on your friends list that you had 13 LOL. As with your previous response if I had a lucky number it would be 3 because of the trinity which is why I'm Ellie333 as user name. A woman I used to work with used to think Wednesday 13th was unlucky rather than Friday 13th for some reason. I would much rather work from the Lunar calendar than the one we have now, would get paid more often too! Ellie :D
@littleowl (7157)
your right about the lunar calendar ellie,there are 13 full moons in a year! for some unknown reason so many people seem to think that the number thirteen is unlucky-its beyond me bright blessings littleowl
@littleowl (7157)
thanks for your comment on the number four in japan-i have never known about that -its very interesing to know blessings
@Ravenladyj (22992)
No I think the number 13 is a great number actually...When I was a kid though I fell for the silly hype of how 13 is unlucky...then I grew up LOL
@littleowl (7157)
hi ravenladyj you htink the same as me then-thanks for your response bright blessings littleowl
@Galena (9124)
I find it lucky. it's my birthday, the name of my favourite album, and the 13 lunar months in a solar year. it's a pleasing number to see written down, and seems level and rounded and friendly to me.
@littleowl (7157)
am glad you like the number thiteen, my daughter was born on the thirteenth of october,that was a blessing to me as i always wanted a daughter,there are lots of other reasons including the 13lunar months in a year-thanks for your response bright blessings
@Galena (9124)
hehe. your daughter was born on my birthday then. :D
@littleowl (7157)
hi galena were you born on the 13th of october then?
@kiran1978 (4138)
As a child I used to think the number 13 was unlucky, only because of all the movies they played. For example Friday the 13th, the horror movie, that spooked me out as a child. I guess since then growing up if I ever saw the number 13 I thought it would be unlucky. However I have never experienced any bad luck on this day. So this superstition is clearly not true in my life.
@littleowl (7157)
hi kiran i thnk it must of been that film that gave the no 13 unlucky-am not sure if there is someone on mylot who knows the origin of why its always been thought of as unlucky it would be nice if they came forward and could tell us--my daughter was born on fri 13th and i have always considered myself blessed as i had always wanted a daughter and after her was unable to have any other children-since then the no13 has been a lucky number for me blessed be littleowl
@kiran1978 (4138)
Hi Littleowl, I can see why the number 13 is a very lucky number for you. I am glad you were blessed with a beautiful daughter.
@gemini_rose (16194)
My son was born on the thirteenth of the month too, and he hasnt done too bad really, in fact I always think he is quite lucky. I dont like the number thirteen and I am very superstitious of it, and funnily enough when I moved into my new house I noticed that the two sets of stairs that I have in the house do not have thirteen stairs either. One set has fourteen and the other fifteen.
@littleowl (7157)
will say that is different 13,14,15-has the number of house anywhere near those numbers?
@gemini_rose (16194)
no the number of the house is 80!
@aissar (414)
Its just a superstition. But I heard of some hotels which don't build the thirteenth floor for the obvious superstitious reason. Wonder why. Anyway, its all in the brain. My theory is that people always associate 13 with unlucky stuff and it becomes embedded into our subconscious. Think of it as just another number and accept it, cause I really don't believe numbers has anything to do with the occult.
@littleowl (7157)
you are right it is a superstion,thanks for your response littleowl
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi littleowl, I have always heard that the number thirteen is unlucky, but I don't believe it is either lucky or unlucky, it is just a number. Blessings.
@littleowl (7157)
hi pose at one time i was very superstitous about the number thirteen as you say though it is just another number but it as proved to be one of my lucky numbers--one other thing i love your photo it is lovely could i be so bold to akyou how you got it? a photo like that would gowith my name too bright blessings littleowl
@ayou82 (3460)
It is not trrue that 13 is unlucky... I dont know where did they get this idea ..unlucky or lucky it is just numbers.