I did not know WAMU charges $2.00 to use atm's

I am sitting here on hold with this bank. I will be closing my checking acct. This is crazy I did not see anywhere on my statement I get charged $2. for each non wamu atm with drawl. I am waiting on a supervisor to close my checking acct. can I still pay bills on line if I keep my savings acct open? I want my money back today or I am can find another bank. Now she is acting like I am dumb.. I want it on my statement or my money back. I am looking at the same statement shes looking at it's no where to be found. But they took my money out. No freakin way. Not me and not today.
@kellys3ps (3728)
Almost all banks charge fees for ATM withdrawals made at other banks' ATMs. The only way to avoid the charge is to only make withdrawals from your own bank or to get cash back when you make a purchase. I will buy a pack of gum before I will pay that fee!
@winterose (39918)
this is standard banking practice all over the world, I am in montreal the same happens here, if you use other bank's technology you have to pay for it.
@sedel1027 (17855)
Most places will allow you to pay bills online with a savings account. I believe all banks charge you for using ATMs that are not their own. Not only that, but you get hit by a charge from the bank that owns the ATM. So for a $20 cash withdraw at an ATM you bank doesn't own, you can get hit with up to $6 of fees!