Do you follow a discussion to the bitter end?

@p1kef1sh (45640)
When you see a post that you want to respond to do you just post and only look again of the original poster replies to you or do you return to the discussion from time to time and see how its going? I used to just post, but I am increasingly finding that I go and have another look.
I like to go back to some of the ones I've posted to and see what others have had to say on the subject, especially if I'm one of the first to post, or if the subject is a bit controversial (i.e. smokers vs. non, right to life vs. woman's choice, etc). I also try to respond, at least a line or two, to the ones who post on my discussions, as they have been so kind to read and reply. There are some discussions that I post on and never go back to, though, for whatever reasons. I recently posted to a smoking vs. nonsmoking discussion (I do, and apparently that means I'm a child of H*ll) and I just got so fed up with what others had to say, and the fact that the person that started it seemed to lose interest in his/her own discussion, I just won't check that one anymore. Hope this was informative, lol!
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Sorry to read that you are a child of H*ll. Anyone that knows anything about faeries will know that they are people of peace and that they try to do good. Having the odd bad habit doesn't make them one step away from Hades. I think that some folk start discussions without really thinking through what sort of answers they may get. Thank you for the reply by the way.
How I wish more people were as open-minded as you, and more informed about Faeries! It is so nice to finally read something that doesn't tell me how my habit could kill me. You may not agree with it, but thank you for not berating me.
Yep, I go back,back,back & back. I gotta, I just can't stand it, especially if things seem a lil'-slow. :o)
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Been there, done that too. Thanks for the response.
You are very welcome! :o) See how I am , I'm back again!
@CanadaGal (4304)
I do try to follow the discussions I reply to, but only for a few days after the fact, unless it is on a subject I am highly interested in. I don't always read EVERY post that is made, especially on those fast moving discussions where there are pages and pages of replies. If I do a scan, it will most likely be reading the replies by the original poster, because they tend to give out more information to add to the original post (at least in the discussions I tend to like, that is the case).
@p1kef1sh (45640)
It can be hard to keep up I know. I am afraid that sometimes I lose track of who the original poster is.
@CanadaGal (4304)
yes, it can be very hard to stay caught up. Especially when answering a bunch of other posts, and then those first ones get lost amongst the pages. Thank you for the best response. :) That's another incentive to go back and read through a previous thread, eh? ;)
@Sissygrl (10915)
I follow every discussion that i post to, to the end of the conversation, but not always other peoples posts within it. Just the people taht respond to my post. Does that make sense i think i worded it badly.. I answer everyone who answers me as often as i can, within my own discussions as well as in others ;)
@p1kef1sh (45640)
That makes complete sense. Thank you for responding.
@Sissygrl (10915)
No problem pike ;)
well, sometimes I will go back to read how the original poster replies to me, and to read how the others have replied. but sometimes I will just go to new discussions and almost forget about the previous ones then.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I know what you mean. Thank you for replying.
@Ruibinha (158)
• Portugal
I always go to the posts I responded, not only to see the ones that replied me but also to check others ideas, maybe also to improve myself. Not only we speak about we know (if we respond) but, we also, learn from other people, maybe with the same problem but we a different resolution for it. It improves our "culture". I love to hear different opinions than my own. They can be profitable, and I might change my opinion.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I usually do to. I haven't yet had a huge response to my posts, but I do wonder whether I will keep it up should I receive 30+ responses. I do think that it is only polite though to read all the responses properly.
I find that my funny friends have something to keep me going back. I don't always post to them. I find reading the other response gets me in a good mood. :)
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I know what you mean. Thanks for replying.
@Cannonball (3635)
• France
I will do that until we said all we gotta say