What do you like to bake

@beckyomg1 (6761)
I feel like baking today. But I really dont know what to bake. Its one of those dreary days where baking something would just cheer me up. Any suggestions?
@JoyfulOne (6243)
I felt like that the other day, so I made some peanut butter cookies. Then yesterday I baked an apple pie. Sometimes I get hit by a sweet tooth lol.
@beckyomg1 (6761)
I always have a sweet tooth. I would love to make a pie. just dont have the stuff to make it. might have to go out and get some things now.
How about cookiesor brownies? I loe toll house cookies they always cheer me up. I eat a few and the rest. i have a couple a day with agood cold glass of milk or a cupof coffee.
sorry didn't mean to post twice.
@beckyomg1 (6761)
no problem on the twice. i have some cin rolls i love the smell of them when baking. maybe that is a good idea.
i suggest you bake a pineapple jelly roll cake!!!not only delicious but very easy to prepare!
@Polly1 (12650)
I like to bake too, in the winter I do more baking and also use the oven more for cooking. We have more comfort foods too. I like making cookies, I usually have the stuff to make them. My grandson is a cookie monster and I like to keep him supplied. Tonight for dinner I am making beef enchaladas, I am going to bake them but I think you were more thinking about baking goodies.
@supeemom (122)
I always seem to end up making muffins. I guess because they are great not only for breakfast but also as a snack food. And I can get the super cheap muffin mixes that you just add a couple ingredients to and my 3yr old can help me make them. She loves to feel included when I'm in the kitchen.
@aretha (2540)
i made a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing the other day and that was really yummy. i could really go for a pumpkin pie with cream cheese topping but feeling to lazy to do it to day.lol
@speakeasy (4215)
When I get in a mood like that I bake one of two things: 1) When I want something simple - Brownies - I take an inexpensive box of brownie mix, increase it to 3 eggs instead of two and I add 1 cup of chocolate chips AND 1 cup of pecans or walnuts. 2) When I want to try something NEW - I go to http://www.cdkitchen.com/ or http://www.cookscentral.com/catalog.asp? I can always find a new recipe at one of these sites.
@kymommy72 (589)
I just love to bake especially when the weather is cold outside. How about some fruit breads such as banana bread or strawberry bread, apple bread. They are easy to make and make the house smell soooooo good!
@qouniq (1968)
Hey, try to bake some cookies.I have some recipes here that u might love to try out. It taste nice and it is cheap also. Enjoy! Almond London cookies Ingredients 250 gm butter 1 cup icing sugar 450 gm all purpose flour 1 egg yolk 2 tsp emplex about 180 whole shell of almond - bake for 1 hour at 100 C 1/2 c chopped almond - bake for 1 hour at 100 C cooking chocolate paper cup Method Mix butter with icing sugar until creamy and add the egg yolk. Add the emplex and mix together for a while. Add the flour in slowly until it become a soft dough. Take some of the dough and put the whole shell almond in the center - cover it. Bake in 170 C oven for about 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool completely. Meanwhile, melt the cooking chocolate using double boil method. Coat the cookies in and put it in the paper cup and sprinkle the chopped almond on top. Let the chocolate cool completely before transfer them into the container. Chesew Nut cookies Ingredients 125 shortening 125 butter 150gm castor sugar 4 egg yolks 300 gm top flour 1 tsp soda bicarbonate 1stp baking powder 25gm corn flour 25 gm powdered milk 60 gm chesew nut - baked and coarsly mashed / chopped Enough chesew nut to make a decoration Enough egg yolk to coat the cookies Method Beat shortening , butter and sugar until creamy. Add in the yolks one by one and mix well. Add the soda, baking powder, powdered milk, corn flour and the chopped chesew nut. Add in the sieved flour and mix well until a soft dough perform. Take about 10 gm of the dough and make a ball shape. Press a bit and place it on the baking sheet. Put the half chesew nut on top of the cookies and coat them with the beaten egg yolk. Bake at 170 C for about 10-15 minutes or until it is in golden color and done. Caterpillar cookies ½ cup butter 2 cup all purpose flour 1 cup corn flour 2 egg yolks ¼ tsp green food coloring ¼ tsp screw pine flavour Castor sugar to be sprinkled on the cookies 1 cup dates – steamed until soft and mashed to make filling Methods Sieves all purpose flour and the corn flour in a large bowl Add butter and egg yolks – mix together Add the color and the flavour and mix again Take some amoutn of the dough and fill the dates inside. Make a shape like caterpilar. Bake at 170 C for 15 minutes Let the cookies cool completely and sprinkle with castor sugar p/s – make a small shape only as the dough will rise when bake.
@razcal2267 (15577)
Bread is what I would be baking. It seems to be my go to activity when the weather is gloomy. I hope whatever it is that you bake that is comes out great and helps to lift your mood.