my landady

i just moved into a new place and the landlady lives in the house in front of me.she has three outside cats. who are a sweet as can be. im concerned because its so cold outside and she dont let them in the house.in fact she punches them in the head when they try to go in her house.this hurts me deeply. i almost want to report her.what should i do? i dont believe in hitting animal exspecially in the face they can develpoe brain damage.
@ellie333 (21029)
Many cats are outdoor cats and they are very independent creatures and will find somewhere snug and warm to be so I wouldn't be concerned over that. One of mine stays out mostly whereas the other is an indoor cat. Their choice. However, I am very concerned, like you, as to why they are being punched. This is horrendous and shouldn't be allowed. Total cruelty. You have to live in this home, but I personally would have words with her first and if she does not stop I would report her annonymously to whoever the authorities on animals are in your area. Hope this helps. Ellie
thanks for your response.
I wouldn't get involved. They are her pets and even though you disapprove of her treatment of them the best those cats can hope for is being taken off of her to the pound and hope someone else will adopt them but if they are grown cats the chances of that are slim. At least she is feeding them (right?)
they are well feed but my concern is the abuse.yes it could be worse for them but things could be better for them as well i think.thansk for your response
I would mind my own business with this. If she is buying food to feet those cats. She is doing a hell of a lot. I know i have strays that I feed outside. But,I also let them in the building to get warm. It's not easy taking in strays as they are outdoor cats. I had a hard time with cuddles mother trying to go back in and out. If you can take one of them inside for good? Then I say take one in. If not leave well enough alone.